iTunes Match

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop iTunes music from downloading onto my iPhone after it's on iCloud. When I play the music on iCloud it starts to automatically download it.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope! That's the way it's supposed to work. It's not a streaming service.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Does anyone know if there is a way to stop iTunes music from downloading onto my iPhone after it's on iCloud. When I play the music on iCloud it starts to automatically download it.

You can always delete it off your phone (on your phone) when you are done. It will just remove it from the phone and not the cloud.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site

Assuming that you know that the iTunes Match service isn't meant to be used as a streaming service, I gather that your actual concern has to do with the following:

The device goes from playing one song that you HAVE downloaded deliberately to automatically downloading and playing the next song (or the next shuffled song). If so, that's because you've got your music settings set to show all music; that includes the songs that you've uploaded to iTunes Match/the cloud but haven't downloaded, yet.

If you set it to NOT show all music (again, in the settings app), when your downloaded music plays or shuffles, it will only play the music you've already downloaded to the device's local storage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77