Not able to stop syncing books

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hoping for some help. I had a book downloaded and at one point it was on my iPhone. Now, I can't get rid of it. When I sync my phone, I go to Books and try to unclick the 'Sync Books' and I can get it not to sync with the iPhone, but as soon as I plug my phone in again it wants to Sync Books again. I tried deleting the book from iTunes, and that was fine. Except, as soon as I plug my phone back in and sync with iTunes, the book is back in iTunes and my phone wants to sync it. It's like the default setting is to Sync Books and I find this odd as all the other settings, you can set them the way you want (sync or no sync) and iTunes will leave it that way when you plug in your phone the next time it will either sync or not, depending on what you told iTunes to do. No matter how many times I uncheck the options to sync Books, the next time I plug in my phone and connect to iTunes, the option to sync Books is selected. Is there any way to a) permanently delete the books and b) permanently set my settings not to sync Books. Thanks.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i'm assuming you are running the latest version of iTunes?

All else fails, delete and reinstall iTunes. that might fix it.. just be sure to archive/save/backup your itunes files.

Reactions: leharris22

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I think I managed to remove it. I installed iBooks (figured it would help), then deleted the book (it was the iPhone User Guide) from iBooks. When I synced my phone again it wasn't in iTunes, so let's hope it's not coming back! If it does I'll post again. Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll