itunes won't recognize iPad

Jeannine Fitzgerald

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a bad crash and freeze up while downloading 4.2 iPhone update. Long story short, I had to go the the Apple Store and have them reinstall the software on my iPhone. Now, when I try to sink my iPad in itunes, it won't recognize it. I have done EVERYTHING to make it work, including uninstalliing itunes and 6 other files, and reinstalling them. I have turned my computer OFF and unplugged it. I have rebooted my ipad. I can bring it up in itunes on my friends computer and at the Apple Store, but not at home on my computer. ANy help would be so appreciated.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
go into control panel, then click on uninstall programs, once the listed is generated, rather than uninstalling itunes, right click on it and click repair, see if that helps. same thing happened with my itunes and my phone, and that worked for me. Good luck.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you on Windows or Mac? You had a problem with your iPhone and after the reload your iPad is not seen by iTunes? I'm just asking to make sure I have this right.

If you're on Windows I'm guessing Vsta so correct me if I'm wrong. Hook up your iPad and right click on My Computer and choose manage. Go to Device Manager and see if Apple iPad is in the list. I've never used my iPad on Windows so I'll have to see how it shows up when I get home. If you do see it in the list of devices click it and hit delete. This will remove the drivers that are loaded. Then unplug the iPad and reconnect, the computer should recognize it and install the driver. Then check if it's recognized in iTunes.

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Follow these steps below:
* Open Finder and look for the iTunes in Applications folder
* Move the folder and the iTunes icon to the Trash
* Open Go and type Go to Folder
* Type /System/Library/Extensions and hit return
* Find AppleMobileDevice.kext and move it to the Trash
* Similarly move AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg file to the trash
* Restart the computer
* Reinstall iTunes and see if the iPhone is detected