Iphone 4 camera not seen in Windows 7 after upgrade to itunes 10.1

huesie

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
Let me start off by saying thanks to all the posters on the forum. I have lurked on the forum for a while and have found lots of great tips and solutions to many issues/questions I have.

Here is my current situation.

I have 2 laptops running Windows 7 Ultimate and until recently were running Itunes 9 version. When I plugged in my iphone 4 or 3g the pc would recognize the iphone as a camera. This has worked in both windows xp and windows 7 without incident.

So I upgraded Itunes so I could do the IOS 4.2.1 update to my wife and my iphone 4. The iphone is seen in Itunes and can sync and has been updated. But the camera is not seen as a drive and always fails device driver install.

I have checked and the apple mobile usb driver is installed and running under windows it just this camera thing that does not work.

I have googled and found others that have had some success with re-installing Itunes or deleting everything from the camera roll. I ried all the solutions I found but no joy.

I am beginning to suspect that this is Itunes related on windows 7 as I update my work laptop to itunes 10.1 and it is still running Windows XP SP3 and everything works fine.

Sorry for the long post.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

huesie

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. I have never seen Windows 7 recognize my iPhone as a camera, but more of a mass storage drive. I don't have a fix, sorry.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I plug my iPhone regularly into a desktop, a laptop, and a netbook all on Win 7. Two are 64 bit, one is 32 bit. All recognize my iPhone and pop up the window accordingly, asking if I want to view, import, whatever.

I used to have a laptop with XP that only gave me the option of opening in Word, which was weird. I suspect it has something to do with a Windows (not 7 or XP specific) setting.

huesie

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
I plug my iPhone regularly into a desktop, a laptop, and a netbook all on Win 7. Two are 64 bit, one is 32 bit. All recognize my iPhone and pop up the window accordingly, asking if I want to view, import, whatever.

I used to have a laptop with XP that only gave me the option of opening in Word, which was weird. I suspect it has something to do with a Windows (not 7 or XP specific) setting.

Thanks Alli for the response I am not sure if because of Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. Interesting situation. The drive install fails over and over again. Unfortunately it seems to be an issue for some us when searching the Internet.

Sorry Ghostface it should be shown a storage device as you stated.

The interesting thing is the only change was Itunes 9 to Itunes 10.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2