AppStore, MAIL(!?), iTunes icons GONE after email change!?? HELP!

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Alright, so I recently dumped my MobileMe account, and apparently I should have changed my AppleID email address (the MobileMe address) BEFORE canceling Mobileme. The minute I canceled the account, the AppStore, Mail, and iTunes icons ALL DISAPPEARED from my iPhone 3gs? Why? And why MAIL of all #$%^&*()?

At any rate, so I make a new iTunes account, and change my email address both on my iPhone 3GS, as well as my iTunes account on iTunes 9.0.3, after a sync failed to make the change for me. Does this require intervention by Apple, or can someone please tell me what to do in order to get my AppStore working again??? How do I get all of my purchases transferred to my new iTunes account and iPhone? Is AppleID the nerve center for everything iPhone and/or iTunes and/or all of Apple (Mac too?)???

I also tried multiple syncs, logging into my (now former) MobileMe account, which is (was?) my AppleID, yes? Needless to say this was no longer possible. I tried to revive my MobileMe account. No dice there either.

I even shut down my iPhone, left it shut off for an hour, and after turning it back on, ...nada. Even the Mail preferences in Setup are GONE!

Is there anything in the iTunes software that does the trick?

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
How do I restore without losing my Jailbreak. iTunes says it will update the software and "verify" it with Apple!???

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711