Question regarding battery replacement

Ryan ODonnell

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPod touch (5th Generation) and purchased it on December 26th 2014. I've recently updated it up to iOS 8.1.2 and the battery life is absolutely shocking. I can hardly get 4 hours of NORMAL USE and then it dies. The device powers off at 15% and then requires charging. I have done a battery calibration (charging to 100%, discharging from 100%, charging to 100% with an extra additional 2 hours extra charge and then a soft reset) but this has not solved the issue.

My iPod is under warranty until December 25 2015. Would I be able to get a battery replacement under my warranty which came with the iPod (the warranty is not AppleCare), if the battery life is not what it should be?

Any help is appreciated, I am in the UK if this helps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You might check the battery first. It could be one particular thing draining the battery. You might try this test to see if the battery's good or not.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2