Safari 7 minute timing out?

Brian Henry1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Before I downloaded iOS8 I could access a radio station via Safari and listen to streaming music. I would plug my iPod Touch 5th gen into some speakers and listen for hours at a time and it only occasionally needed to be reset by hitting the back button and then hitting the play button displayed on the web page ( I assume WI-fi hiccups). Now with the iOS8 update Safari times out at 7 minutes and I have to hit the back button until I get the page with the Play button and press that to get another 7 minutes. When I look at Safari, I don't seen any error messages or any change in the web page.I have looked in general settings, the Safari settings, and pretty much any other setting I can think that might have something to do with it but I don't see anything that has to do with 7 minutes or timing out in anyway.
I have tried Tune-in-Radio but the particular station is not listed so that won't help.

Brian Henry1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Atomic just shut down at 7 minutes as well. What is up with 7 minutes? I have auto-lock turned off but that only goes to 5 minutes anyway and I just turned that off.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For the record tunein radio supports adding direct streaming URLs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414239322.740191.jpg

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Brian Henry1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Adding my station to Tunein Radio didn't work very well but it is irrelevant because the latest iOS update solved my problem anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2