Help with throwback iPod...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this old iPod that I'm trying to get restored and this is pretty much all it'll give me...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379167338.939116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got it restored finally and went through making it match as far as what music is on my phone. Unplugged the devilish thing and there's no music on it. Plugged back into iTunes and just getting the hourglass as if it doesn't recognize the iPod

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I've been on Craigslist looking for an old nano. Like a 16gb or so. Just something to keep in the truck and not have to use my phone

I understand and wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything. I was actually wondering if an older version of iTunes would rectify the situation. Your iPod classic look darn good in that photo and, although it's not mine, I'd hate to see it go to waste. I don't know what kind of computer you have, but check out the troubleshooting tips via the following link, if you haven't already:

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I understand and wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything. I was actually wondering if an older version of iTunes would rectify the situation. Your iPod classic look darn good in that photo and, although it's not mine, I'd hate to see it go to waste. I don't know what kind of computer you have, but check out the troubleshooting tips via the following link, if you haven't already:

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes

Oh no JM! I knew exactly what you meant by an older version of iTunes. I was just saying I was looking for a newer iPod because, though aesthetically it looks good, internally this one might be shot. Lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh no JM! I knew exactly what you meant by an older version of iTunes. I was just saying I was looking for a newer iPod because, though aesthetically it looks good, internally this one might be shot. Lol

I’m thinking that it is probably the device. I just pulled out my iPod Classic and it’s syncing fine with iTunes 11.1 beta 2.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I?m thinking that it is probably the device. I just pulled out my iPod Classic and it?s syncing fine with iTunes 11.1 beta 2.

Yeah, I'd hate to part with my classic but its time may have come and gone

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Found a guy on Craigslist with an 8gb 5th generation Nano for sale for 50 bucks! Good price?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Found a guy on Craigslist with an 8gb 5th generation Nano for sale for 50 bucks! Good price?

Soon the 8th generation Nano iPods will be out... seems a bit high to me... but what’s it worth to you? How badly do you want it? I’d offer $25 and see what he says. Remember, it’s only 8GB.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Soon the 8th generation Nano iPods will be out... seems a bit high to me... but what?s it worth to you? How badly do you want it? I?d offer $25 and see what he says. Remember, it?s only 8GB.

Hmmm, I like that price much better. Definitely don't want to over pay for something that I don't NEED when my phone works just fine in my truck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2