Wrap-around screen

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This morning CNN reported "Apple gets patent for wrap-around screen". What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I'd want a normal back on my phone. I'm not really interested in all the gimmicks...plus I'm not sure how useful a wrap-around screen would be for everyday use.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I DID give serious thought to that phone from Russia with the epaper back screen. THAT could be useful, but other that that I see no reason for a full color screen on the back.

YotaPhone 2 review | Android Central

Now epaper would be nice but I'd prefer it on the iPad. I read tons of books & my eyes get so tired using the normal display. I have yet to purchase a Kindle because I don't need to add another thing to all the stuff I carry when I travel.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I heard about this and I'll rather not. I just see it as an annoyance. If they do this, there needs to be a way to disable this. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who turns my phone face down to make a point. I.E. you are with your friends and your phone keeps vibrating.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard about this and I'll rather not. I just see it as an annoyance. If they do this, there needs to be a way to disable this. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who turns my phone face down to make a point. I.E. you are with your friends and your phone keeps vibrating.

Agreed!! Hopefully there will be more than one device option, if they decide to implement this.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Now epaper would be nice but I'd prefer it on the iPad. I read tons of books & my eyes get so tired using the normal display. I have yet to purchase a Kindle because I don't need to add another thing to all the stuff I carry when I travel.

Now you are talking! Would be perfect for the iPad Mini Pro (did I just name the new product?). I remember someone trying a 2 screen tablet before but it was ugly bulky and just didn't work very well. I'm sure Apple would do a much better job! Same concept as that phone, except the back screen would be for kindle, iBooks, Magazines, news etc.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Now you are talking! Would be perfect for the iPad Mini Pro (did I just name the new product?). I remember someone trying a 2 screen tablet before but it was ugly bulky and just didn't work very well. I'm sure Apple would do a much better job! Same concept as that phone, except the back screen would be for kindle, iBooks, Magazines, news etc.

Love the name Sounds like a winner to me...I'd definitely buy one and I'm sure we aren't the only ones that would like something along these lines.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple gets a lot of patents. Doesn't mean much. May never be used. But getting the patent keeps others from getting it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting concept, but I guess I'm a little old fashion. Just give me the basics with a little customization and I'm happy.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just saw a drawing of this phone, and I am with you guys. I can't see how this would be beneficial. In fact, I think it seems like the phone would be more vulnerable. So I'll be content to sit on the sidelines and watch with interest, but I don't think I'll "bite".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The wrap around screen technology they got the patent on may not even be in Apple's plans to use on the iPhone. There's no telling what they might want it for. I don't pay much attention to patents. They do so many things that use all sorts of technology. I don't know how many times a patent announcement is made, but then you hear nothing else.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The wrap around screen technology they got the patent on may not even be in Apple's plans to use on the iPhone. There's no telling what they might want it for. I don't pay much attention to patents. They do so many things that use all sorts of technology. I don't know how many times a patent announcement is made, but then you hear nothing else.

This is very true! We see it all the time

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
A wrap-around screen sounds exciting, but I don't think I'd want it on a phone. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they develop a device with a wrap-around screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77