Fews questions from a newbie

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had my 5s for over a week now and a few things are annoying me. I'm hoping I can change some settings to resolve them.
1- on Android if I start dialing a number it will search the numbers I type and also the contacts from the letters within the dialler (sort of a t9 input from the old days). I can't seem to do this
2- if I don't open an app from a notification it doesnt clear the notification. Also, to clear all notifications I have to tap the x then "clear". That's an extra unnecessary step
3- if I press the home button from an app that's in a folder it only returns to the folder and not home screen
4- some apps have swipe to the right to go back but not all. That's so annoying
Any work arounds?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like Android might be your OS. None of the things you listed can be changed unfortunately. Hopefully you do find things you prefer though.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
2- if I don't open an app from a notification it doesnt clear the notification. Also, to clear all notifications I have to tap the x then "clear". That's an extra unnecessary step

I loved the notification shade in the Androids I've used, but oddly I hardly ever use it on my iPhone. After a year and a half of getting used to iOS, I almost always use the Lock Screen instead to review, open and dismiss notifications. Otherwise, once on a Home screen, I just glance at Badges to see what I need to check.

It wasn't a conscious decision, it's just the usage pattern that evolved over time for me.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Going to give ios another try. This time I picked up a 64gb 6s plus for a really good price that's in mint condition. I'm hoping ios will be more likeable now that I'm on a decent size screen. Just waiting for the network unlock code to come through now so I can insert my sim and use it as my daily driver. Fingers crossed for this time around

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Going to give ios another try. This time I picked up a 64gb 6s plus for a really good price that's in mint condition. I'm hoping ios will be more likeable now that I'm on a decent size screen. Just waiting for the network unlock code to come through now so I can insert my sim and use it as my daily driver. Fingers crossed for this time around

Welcome Back to Apple and to iMore. I hope it works out for you this time around..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I like my 6s Plus. I plan to keep it at least until next year. Having to tap X, then Clear, on notifications is a safety net in case someone taps the X by mistake. That doesn't bother me any. Only takes a fraction of a second. Enjoy your 6s Plus.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
How do I stop the screen from waking up when I receive a text? Id like to just get the sound until I pick up the phone. Thanks

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. If possible id like to see notifications on the lock screen, just not have the screen automatically turn itself on as soon as one comes through

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. If possible id like to see notifications on the lock screen, just not have the screen automatically turn itself on as soon as one comes through

Unfortunately it's either / or.
You can always swipe down to open Notification Center.

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Got my 6s plus unlocked today so using as my daily driver now. When I do a backup to my pc, is it possible for it to save all passwords so I don't have to log in to everything again if I ever do a wipe and restore?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Got my 6s plus unlocked today so using as my daily driver now. When I do a backup to my pc, is it possible for it to save all passwords so I don't have to log in to everything again if I ever do a wipe and restore?

Yes, simply enable encrypted syncing and define a password and you're good to go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2