Should I exchange my iPhone 6S Plus w/the Samsung chip for one w/the TSMC chip?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I messed up

The problem is that you can't guaranty you won't just get another phone with a Samsung chip. I'm telling you, if this whole chipgate conspiracy hadn't surfaced you wouldn't even notice a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: I messed up

Its up to you. I exchanged my T-Mobile one for an ATT one yesterday and got a TSMC model. Was not the reason I exchanged it but I guess it was a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

LOL time to wake up at 7 again. Sigh. -_-

If it's that important to you, go for it. But based on what folks have said here, you don't have anything to worry about with the Samsung chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry OP but I just don't see going in to exchange a phone over a chip that isn't malfunctioning.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

They're not likely to exchange for chips sake. They themselves would have to download an app on the phone to see which it is! NOT! And what if they don't have your desired chip? The chip is NOT an issue! Chill and enjoy your phone and stop the ridiculous obsessing over a chip that makes no difference whatsoever!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

LOL I'm only 21...so no kids. 7AM is way too early for a college student. I sympathize with you guys though lol.

I remember struggling to make my 8AM classes.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

I have the Samsung chip and all is well. I stressed a bit after reading the posts and downloading the app, but after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that if it ain't broke don't fix it, lol.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I have the Samsung chip and all is well. I stressed a bit after reading the posts and downloading the app, but after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that if it ain't broke don't fix it, lol.

There ya go!!!!
IF there were issues with your device, ABSOLUTELY change it. But over a chip that, had you never seen the article, would not have even known about.....nah....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I got the Doritos chips and they seem fine.
Seriously, as long as your device is working well I agree with the others, just enjoy it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the Samsung chip. It really isn't worth the hassle of an exchange. The phone runs great to my standards. Not sure it's worth the extra few percentage difference. To each their own though. I do hope in the future we don't have to worry about such differences though.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Don't worry about the chip. If the interwebz didn't blow up about the different chips then no one would even care.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

There ya go!!!!
IF there were issues with your device, ABSOLUTELY change it. But over a chip that, had you never seen the article, would not have even known about.....nah....

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
What article?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Don't obsess over it. A lot of these web site tests are not under average conditions. As long you have the size, storage, color you wanted the chip is inconsequential.