Other Than The "Tips" App, What's Your Least Useful iOS 8 Feature?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Many seem to think the new Tips app to be a waste of space. It is rather lame. But what feature would come next as your least useful? Mine is the "hide" option for photos. This would be a great and useful feature, if it worked in Albums as well as in Photos. Not familiar with it? Press on a photo and you get the options to copy/hide.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414801645.439484.jpg

The problem is if you were trying to hide a photo from snoopy friends, it would only hide them in the Photos section. That's where the "Years, Collections, and Moments" are located. It does not hide them in the Albums, including the Camera Roll.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414801892.639875.jpg

So I find this feature completely useless. What's your useless feature? :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Stocks
Compass
Game Center
Newsstand

Yeah, I have all those in my "not used" folder. But I was looking for new iOS 8 useless features and apps. Any new feature you find useless? Like the audio text in messages?

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Stocks, compass, Game Center, passbook, and Tips. I could also do without the icon for contacts, since it's redundant. It's in the phone app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Somehow everyone got off track on apps, rather than iOS 8 features. Oh, well! Apps then.
I've not had any use for these. Not yet.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414968059.440503.jpg

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
These are the apps I have no use for:
Compass
Contacts
Tips
Game Center
Newsstand
Podcast and
Health

I really wish apple would make a option to hide or disable unused apps, for now I just bury them on the last page of my utilities folder.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Health

Game center

Newsstand

Tips

I also thought i could hide them by going to restrictions, all it is just doing is taking up space. :(

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
These are the apps I have no use for:
Compass
Contacts
Tips
Game Center
Newsstand
Podcast and
Health

I really wish apple would make a option to hide or disable unused apps, for now I just bury them on the last page of my utilities folder.

I don't use the Health app, but I did fill out my medical info. This could be vital and accessible to first responders. Even if your phone is locked. This information is also available in your contact profile info.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Tips is most useless

I hate that I can't customize the control center let me switch do not disturb with GPS grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I don't use the stocks or compass often but I see the use

I don't like the game center the way it is I much more enjoy google play games app with level and XP points pointless yes but a nice feature also the layout and everything is much better

I don't like that the podcasts app can't be removed either.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2