Am I crazy thinking about going from 5C to 5S

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
After going from a 4.7inch or whatever the size of the HTC One was last year down to a 4 inch phone, I found that I am more comfortable using a 4 inch phone than a 4.7 or higher inch phone.

With that being said, I am thinking about just buying the 5S off contract next week rather than buying the iPhone 6 later on this month or next month.

The main reason is that I find that the 4 inch form factor is much more comfortable to use than a bigger size phone since my hands are really that big (mid size I guess) (like i mentioned above). Second, I mainly want the fingerprint security feature than anything else and I am tired of entering passwords on my phone. Third, I have a iPad mini Retina and I feel a bigger size phone will severely reduce the amount I would use my tablet and I don't want that to happen.

Now for the off contract reason, I only have a year left on my contract and I am planning to see what kind of no contract options I have up here in Canada that have great prices. Hopefully, I don't have to sign a contract again. If I have to sign a contract, I will go with the lowest price with the highest amount of data available (maybe WIND mobile) and just do an upgrade with the 6S, if I decide to go with a bigger screen.

Am I crazy thinking about doing this?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's your preference to have a 4" form factor. Nobody here can tell you if you're crazy. The good thing is that you'll wait until next week. Hopefully the 5S will come down in price after the 6 announcement.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Heisenberg. That's what I'm going to do, at least I don't have to worry about them being sold out :). I'm thinking of going next wednesday to the Apple store at West Edmonton Mall and see I they do the iPhone trade in option (think there is an option up here in Canada) and buy the 32GB 5S Space grey (i hope).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's your preference to have a 4" form factor. Nobody here can tell you if you're crazy. The good thing is that you'll wait until next week. Hopefully the 5S will come down in price after the 6 announcement.

'Nuf said...:)

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would never say you're crazy. I understand your situation. I feel the same way about my 5s, as I prefer the smaller form factor. Get what works and makes sense for you. Good luck.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree, get what works best for you.One of the biggest reasons I keep leaning towards keeping my 5s is the size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2