What do we really want?

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The other day I was listening to a Pocketnow podcast and one of the guys on there was complaining because the new HTC One M8 mini didn't have flagship specs. He asked why nobody can make a flagship phone in a smaller size. All we have been hearing for a few years now from podcasters and reviewers is how the iPhone is too small and now some of them want a small flagship device. Now that Apple finally decides to go to a bigger screen iPhone, people want a smaller phone. Personally I think the iPhone screen size is perfect. If they do go to the rumored 4.7" screen it will affect one handed use. Maybe one handed use will still be possible but not as easy as it is now. I for one hope that they keep pumping out the 4" screen for some time to come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It just goes to show that people will always find something to complain about. Also, far too many use the most basic parts of a flagship device but also want it to be able to do a great deal more even though they will NEVER utilize those functions.

bklynblaze

Banned
Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple can make a 4.7" iPhone and keep it basically the same size as the 5/5s by just stretching it out and not going any taller. Just look at the Moto X...perfect size IMO and the phone feels great in the hand. That's what I hope for anyway. But you know that's not happening...The "symmetrical" huge bezels on top and bottom that Apple insists on will always keep the iPhone long.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about the size. I believe I've said this before but I really want a much better camera that can really out the other competition AND a waterproof iPhone and a waterproof iwatch.

I want it now before I jump ship to blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't care about the size. I believe I've said this before but I really want a much better camera that
can really out the other competition AND a waterproof iPhone and a waterproof iwatch.

Why would you switch to BB when they don't offer anything you're asking for?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I personally like the size of the BlackBerry Z10. If they made an iPhone that size, I'd be happy. Anything like the SGS5 or M8, is simply too big. And I've used them both, too...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about the size. I believe I've said this before but I really want a much better camera that can really out the other competition AND a waterproof iPhone and a waterproof iwatch.

Well you know I'm over there. We might not have cookies but we've got YouTube running in the background while we shop in eBay.

I love my 5c especially for its reliability but for multitasking, nothing compares to my BB10 devices.

I'm a bit sad that the next variant of iPhone, it'll still be that super light aluminum. Well, hopefully they'll do a 6c next year when they do a 6s.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Most of the reviewers are saying that iPhone may have a larger megapixel camera. I am excited about that. Crossing my fingers they do. Other than the iPhone 6 coming out soon, I'm also looking forward to another device but I won't say it. It feels like taboo here lol

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I just really want options. Since iPhone is the device for me right now, I would like to have the option of going larger or staying at the same size with the same specs. Just like they did the iPad Air & rMini.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Apple can make a 4.7" iPhone and keep it basically the same size as the 5/5s by just stretching it out and not going any taller. Just look at the Moto X...perfect size IMO and the phone feels great in the hand. That's what I hope for anyway. But you know that's not happening...The "symmetrical" huge bezels on top and bottom that Apple insists on will always keep the iPhone long.

Like the S4 has a 5 inch screen on that small chassis. Perfect

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Most of the reviewers are saying that iPhone may have a larger megapixel camera. I am excited about that. Crossing my fingers they do. Other than the iPhone 6 coming out soon, I'm also looking forward to another device but I won't say it. It feels like taboo here lol

I hope the camera quality doesn't stutter. They even said it's not a race of megapixels. Just put EIS and faster while upping the quality. Haha, what if they did like 9.5 megapixels

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
What I want is a way to opt-OUT of receiving group messages when they get annoying or you accidentally get sent a message in an iMessage group

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
While I would happily but a bigger iPhone, I think my main wants for iPhone are mostly better app interoperability and some better customization such as new keyboards or being able to enable/disable a lot more things.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
unbreakable,waterproof,dustproof, shockproof, better batteries,
Apple should concentrate on security with the intention of keeping the premier status they have achieved so far. What I don't need is a huge remote control to turn the heating on, or turn the lights on or off while streaming expensive music !

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2