- iMore Newbie
- 16 Posts
Viewed email displays as new within minutes after reading them.
I have two e-mail accounts on the stock mail app. I have a yahoo and gmail, both accounts are set to manuel with fetch and push turned off. When I open the app both accounts refresh and download new e-mails, which is fine I don't have a problem with that. My issue is that when I delete the e-mails I don't want I close the app and continue messing around with my phone about 5 minutes later I look at the mail app and it shows that I have new e-mails. I open the app and it's all the e-mails I just deleted 5 minutes earlier. So now I have to delete them again. This game goes of tug of war with the mail app goes on about 4-5 times a day. Is this a bug or am I missing a setting or something?
- 03-19-2014, 08:04 AM #2
re: Viewed email displays as new within minutes after reading them.
I don't know what to tell you. After reading your post, I tried to duplicate the problem by sending myself a test message to my Gmail account that is set for fetch. When I opened the native Mail app, it fetched the test email like it is suppose to. I read the test message and then moved the message to my trash folder. Afterwards, I closed the app. A few minutes have now passed and I have yet to see the Mail app displaying that I have new email messages for my Gmail. Have you tried deleting the accounts, rebooting the device and then re-configuring the accounts? Also, try logging in to those accounts via a computer's web browser and go through the account settings to make sure there is nothing online that would cause the issues you are having.
- By KingBuick in forum IntroductionsReplies: 27Last Post: 04-06-2014, 09:20 PM
- By pattylang28 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-2014, 01:22 AM
- By Sasha Giterman in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-20-2014, 12:57 AM
- By HolloH in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
- By Sasha Giterman in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-18-2014, 05:17 PM