Is there any app to make ringtones that makes them available without syncing to iTunes?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello iMore,

Is there any app to make ringtones that makes the available without syncing to iTunes?

The only work around that I have found involved iTunes Match, if you upload a ringtone to iCloud it will be available as a ringtone, however is there an app that will take care of this for you?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hello iMore,

Is there any app to make ringtones that makes the available without syncing to iTunes?

The only work around that I have found involved iTunes Match, if you upload a ringtone to iCloud it will be available as a ringtone, however is there an app that will take care of this for you?

I don't believe so. Most times it isn't worth it and I buy one from iTunes

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Phreddyl is right. You have to sync custom ringtones via your computer. I only use Normal Ringtones Pro, formerly known as Business Ringtones Pro, and it states that via your computer is the only way that Apple allows for the installation of custom ringtone.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
You can make ringtones in GarageBand on the iPhone. (Granted, you have to use the tools within the app, but it works.)

But for me, I just make them in iTunes on a computer from songs I have already purchased (as opposed to purchasing ringtones) and then copy them over to my phone.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You can try myxer. It's been a really long time since I used it so I don't remember if you need to sync with a computer or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello iMore,

I use garage band on my MacBook to import a song and then select create ringtone. You then pick a 15-30 second snippet and export it back to iTunes. Plug in your phone and sync the new ringtone. Takes 5 mins. Might be able to do it on garage band iPhone app, not sure.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app to make ringtones that makes them available without syncing ...

Hello iMore,

You can use iTunes to make your own ringtone here's how:

1) The first thing you need to do is open iTunes and decide which track you want to use as a ringtone. Because ringtones are usually only 30 seconds long, a full track is too much and you will need to decide which 30 seconds you want to use. Listen to the track and make a note of the start and finish time of your chosen section.
2) Right click on the music file you wish to use and click Get Info from the menu. From the window that appears choose Options and look for the Start Time/Finish Time options. In these boxes enter the Start Time and Finish Time you want to use. Then click OK.
3) You now need to convert the file. Right click on it again and choose Create AAC Version from the menu. iTunes will now convert the file into an AAC file.
4) Once the conversion is finished, right click on the newly created file (which should appear directly below the original) and check that all is correct by choosing the Get Info option. Remove the Start/Finish time to restore the track to its original length.
5) You now need to delete/remove the duplicate you just created. Right click on the duplicate file and choose Delete from the menu. DO NOT move the file to trash, instead select Keep File. You don't want to delete the file totally, just remove it from iTunes for the moment.
6) Navigate to the iTunes root folder on your PC or Mac and look for a folder called Music. Inside this folder look for the folder containing the music file you just removed from iTunes (the folders will be named by artist). You are looking for a file with the .m4a extension. Rename the file to whatever you want to call it and change the extension to .m4r.
7) You can now import the newly renamed file into iTunes. Because it has the .m4r extension, it should automatically appear in the Ringtones section of iTunes. Sync your iPhone and the ringtone will be available to use.
8) Make sure to go back to the original music file you used and remove the Start Time/Finish Time setting. If you don't it will always only play the 30 second section you chose.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77