And also a shout-out to Apple customer service. I cancelled my T-Mobile Jump program before the first payment was due, and signed up my new SE on AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ = $99.00 ($107 w/tax) for two years for the SE. My understanding is that it's a bit more for the 7s.
    TMO Jump = $288 for two years, at $12 per month

AppleCare+ = $99 co-pay for device replacement if I destroy it - maximum of 2 accidental destructions
    TMO Jump = $175 co-pay

$4 of the TMO plan is for a feature called "Lookout Mobile Security", which is redundant to Apple's "Find my iPhone", which is free. Samsung had a similar free service too.

So . . . I cancelled the Jump program online, then walked the short distance to my neighborhood Apple Store. I was helped immediately by a rep named Matt who had me out of the store in less than 5 minutes armed with a shiny new AppleCare+ program. I am very happy with the quality of both the warranty and the service at the store.

Not only are Apple products superior, it appears their level of service is, also.
    Matty, libra89, RobertP1 and 1 others like this.
    04-07-2017 10:24 PM
    Excellent! I've always bought Apple Care on my devices and felt it's been peace of mind. And the service with AC is top notch!
    04-08-2017 03:42 PM
    And also a shout-out to Apple customer service. I cancelled my T-Mobile Jump program before the first payment was due, and signed up my new SE on AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ = $99.00 ($107 w/tax) for two years for the SE. My understanding is that it's a bit more for the 7s.
    TMO Jump = $288 for two years, at $12 per month

AppleCare+ = $99 co-pay for device replacement if I destroy it - maximum of 2 accidental destructions
    TMO Jump = $175 co-pay

$4 of the TMO plan is for a feature called "Lookout Mobile Security", which is redundant to Apple's "Find my iPhone", which is free. Samsung had a similar free service too.

So . . . I cancelled the Jump program online, then walked the short distance to my neighborhood Apple Store. I was helped immediately by a rep named Matt who had me out of the store in less than 5 minutes armed with a shiny new AppleCare+ program. I am very happy with the quality of both the warranty and the service at the store.

Not only are Apple products superior, it appears their level of service is, also.
    The service you receive at an Apple Store is second to none. It is reason enough to only buy Apple products
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    04-12-2017 09:06 PM
    I'm a bit confused. Did some of you cancel added protection service through T-Mobile and purchase Apple care through Apple directly?
    04-30-2017 01:10 AM
    I've had AppleCare+ before that came on phones I bought secondhand. The 7+ is the first time I bought it myself. Stopped using carrier insurance a long time ago though. Just went without. Lol
    04-30-2017 04:27 AM
    AppleCare+ is my jam! I've purchased (and used) it with my MacBook Pro, multiple iPhones, and my Apple Watch. I also have it for my iPad Pro but haven't needed it as of yet. Nobody supports Apple's products better than Apple.

I'm a bit confused. Did some of you cancel added protection service through T-Mobile and purchase Apple care through Apple directly?
    Many have because AppleCare+ offers better protection from what I've heard. You have 60 days after purchase (1 year for iPhone) to add AppleCare+.
    04-30-2017 06:07 AM
    AppleCare+ is my jam! I've purchased (and used) it with my MacBook Pro, multiple iPhones, and my Apple Watch. I also have it for my iPad Pro but haven't needed it as of yet. Nobody supports Apple's products better than Apple.

Many have because AppleCare+ offers better protection from what I've heard. You have 60 days after purchase (1 year for iPhone) to add AppleCare+.
    Cool. I'll look into it.
    04-30-2017 09:33 AM