Best Flight Tracking Apps?

amaria1

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The flight tracker I've used for years (FlightTrack 5) is going away at the end of the month. I'm really bummed about this. Can you folks please recommend good ones to use? I have an iPhone 5S on Verizon running iOS 10.2.1. Thanks!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've used Flight View Free for years now and really like it. There is also Flight View Elite, which costs $3.99. I've always felt that the free version is adequate, but I don't travel all that much. Good luck!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FlightAware is my go-to flight tracking app. I've been using it for quite some time now. It's easy to use and accurate.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I use planes live. I purchased the premium version and it works so well I have people (cheap people at work that don't buy apps) constantly asking me to track a flight for them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've used Flight View Free for years now and really like it. There is also Flight View Elite, which costs $3.99. I've always felt that the free version is adequate, but I don't travel all that much. Good luck!

As I mentioned in this post almost 2 years ago, I've been using Flight View. It let me down last week, so I've been looking at other Flight Tracking apps. I'm considering Flight Aware because that seemed to be popular in this thread a couple of years ago. I thought I'd revive this thread to see if there are any other suggestions, or if Flight Aware is the way to go.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned in this post almost 2 years ago, I've been using Flight View. It let me down last week, so I've been looking at other Flight Tracking apps. I'm considering Flight Aware because that seemed to be popular in this thread a couple of years ago. I thought I'd revive this thread to see if there are any other suggestions, or if Flight Aware is the way to go.

Flight Aware, at least to this point, has been very dependable for me so I would definitely recommend you give it a try.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I use to work for a private jet company & Flight Aware is by far the best out here!! I’ve been using it for over 10 years...LOVE IT

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, everyone! I've installed Flight Aware on my phone and will check it out! I think that it looks promising and has some features that Flight View does not!