Sling TV app with HDMI adapter.

genoist

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the Sling TV iPhone app successfully with the HDMI adapter to watch on a TV? I'm thinking of subscribing, but this is an important feature for me. If there are any current or past subscribers who could help me, please respond.

Thank you.

genoist

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you look at that page? It clearly doesn't answer my question, it simply tells you how to download the app.

I did a thorough search before posting here and could not find an answer.

If anyone knows or is a subscriber and owns an HDMI adapter and can check, please help.

genoist

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I went through their customer service chat. They said that they do not support mirroring, but they don't block it either. They said I can try it but they cannot guarantee how or if it will work.

I'm going to do the 7 day trial. When I see how HDMI out from my iPhone / iPad works I'll report back here.

feriveramd

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
OK, so I went through their customer service chat. They said that they do not support mirroring, but they don't block it either. They said I can try it but they cannot guarantee how or if it will work.

I'm going to do the 7 day trial. When I see how HDMI out from my iPhone / iPad works I'll report back here.

Did it work?

genoist

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
It worked. Aspect ratio was a bit off and it didn't fit the entire screen, but it worked. Apple TV Gen 4 app is definitely the best way to go now!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It worked. Aspect ratio was a bit off and it didn't fit the entire screen, but it worked. Apple TV Gen 4 app is definitely the best way to go now!
I am a Sling TV subscriber (blue & orange) and I agree that the TV app is the way to go. Also, you can login to the WatchESPN app using your Sling TV credentials.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77