Wanted: a simple bill/charge tracking app

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Google Sheet for this the last 5 years or so and will probably keep doing it that way because I can't find an app that makes it any easier. But I'm posting here in hopes that I missed something and that one of you know of an app suitable for my needs.

What do I do with the spreadsheet. It serves as a reminder what bills I have to pay and I checkmark when it's been paid each month. I don't care about the amount due....just that it's due or been paid.

Further down on the spreadsheet I also enter pending stuff (checks, and card charges) that haven't been cleared yet....just to make sure I have enough money in my account (unfortunately, I'm not one to have much of a padding).

See attached example. Any app that can do this easier without me having to go into the spreadsheet?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 2.00.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 2.00.33 PM.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 21

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Mint is a beautiful app, but overkill.

All apps seem to include budgeting and amount tracking, etc. Great for more responsible people. ;-) I just need a reminder kind of thing and something to look back on when I forget. I guess I either have to stick with the spreadsheet, or change my process.

curtxxx

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
If you find something that works - please let me know - I am looking for the exact same thing (and almost the same situation) as the OP. I was using Microsoft Money Sunset and only using the "upcoming bills" portion but have recently switched all of my computers to Mac. So, looking for something simple (preferrably with icloud sync capability and and iphone/ipad apps).

I do have a note to look into these apps:

Chronicle
Money
Bill Tracker (Lite)
Mint

As of this point I have yet to check them out though.

wes566

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
What I do for bills is put a monthly recurring reminder in my calendar on the day I'm to pay the bill.

Sorry I'm not actually offering an app like you requested, but potentially a new process :)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2