Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Default Re: Tapatalk update

The little spinning wheel that spins when opening a thread is annoying. Too much load time.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    The little spinning wheel that spins when opening a thread is annoying. Too much load time.

I agree
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,423 Global Posts

Yea I've noticed that too, and sometimes it returns a "no post" error. Also appears to be a battery hog. I can literally watch my battery drop 1% every two minutes when browsing forums using Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,423 Global Posts

Default Tapatalk update

Wow I just had a huge crash and I'm unable to open anything on macrumors forum. I even reverted back to 3.6.0 and the error still remains. It keeps popping up every minute or so and even after acknowledging it and clearing my case, I can't get it to stop

EDIT: it appears to maybe be on macrumors end. Looks like the site isn't responding and may be down.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

Default Tapatalk update

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    Wow I just had a huge crash and I'm unable to open anything on macrumors forum. I even reverted back to 3.6.0 and the error still remains. It keeps popping up every minute or so and even after acknowledging it and clearing my case, I can't get it to stop

EDIT: it appears to maybe be on macrumors end. Looks like the site isn't responding and may be down.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...da83af08ce.jpg

I don't know, I've had this happen to me twice last night on iMore and I'm using the regular version of Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zerog46; 03-08-2015 at 09:04 AM.

Yea I've noticed that too, and sometimes it returns a "no post" error. Also appears to be a battery hog. I can literally watch my battery drop 1% every two minutes when browsing forums using Tapatalk.

I haven't noticed the 1% drop, but that sounds like Facebook. Did you report it?

Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    Is it me or is the latest beta a little on the sluggish side?
    Agreed. especially after you add to a thread, it takes forever to update.

I just reported a bug, or at least what I think is one. My notifications don't clear after I click them, pretty sure they did that before this current beta update. Also, none of my notifications push. They used to but since like two updates ago, they don't anymore. Anyone else get push notifications for quoted posts, subscribed threads and PM's?

I am still getting notifications for quoted posts and PMs, but I have the others unchecked.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts

Have they increased the font size yet?

Sent from my  6+

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Have they increased the font size yet?

Sent from my  6+
    The font sizes are "small", "normal" and "large".

The font sizes are "small", "normal" and "large".
    Large could be a tad larger. To me, large looks normal size or medium.

iMore Pro

Global Posts
    9,423 Global Posts

I haven't noticed the 1% drop, but that sounds like Facebook. Did you report it?

Not yet, I'm still trying to track it down to make sure it's the culprit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone found the images shown when posting to be annoying? On iMore it's a watch. Other sites show different things. I think it slows use down and is just annoying. I don't see the point in it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

It also shows a car for this site.? Here's what I refer to.
    Tapatalk update-imageuploadedbytapatalk1426011913.810616.jpg

Banned

Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Has anyone found the images shown when posting to be annoying? On iMore it's a watch. Other sites show different things. I think it slows use down and is just annoying. I don't see the point in it.

Agreed. Mine shows a watch then a car.
    Also posting via Tapatalk is really slow. After I tap Reply, it takes forever before the post is shown within the thread. It almost appears to lock up the app, but it's no if I wait a minute or two.

Tapatalk is dead set on destroying their reputation and chasing away its users. Such a shame

I'm with you. What is that about? It just slows everything down and there's no reason for it.

Yes, I have, and I'm not a fan. I want to able to post immediately like before without any unnecessary animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Tapatalk is dead set on destroying their reputation and chasing away its users. Such a shame
    It's one thing to try to improve an app, but dang, implementing stuff that screws up the app and garner a good deal of negative feedback is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Agreed. Mine shows a watch then a car.
    Also posting via Tapatalk is really slow. After I tap Reply, it takes forever before the post is shown within the thread. It almost appears to lock up the app, but it's no if I wait a minute or two.
    I'm just about tempted to delete the beta and install the official App Store version.

It's one thing to try to improve an app, but dang, implementing stuff that screws up the app and garner a good deal of negative feedback is not the way to go.
    I've hung in there with the app despite the negative feedback. For the most part I still like the app. I'm just not a fan of some of the changes in the latest beta. Please leave it alone.

I'm just about tempted to delete the beta and install the official App Store version.
    Yep me too

Quote Originally Posted by pr1nce View Post
    I've hung in there with the app despite the negative feedback. For the most part I still like the app. I'm just not a fan of some of the changes in the latest beta. Please leave it alone.
    Yeah, leave it alone after making it work like we want it to....

Funny thing is, those negative feedbacks started since Pro was discontinued and they started making changes.. Since then there is not been one single from the developers to meet the users in any way. They just keep changing the UI and stuff. But despite all their efforts, they can't meet their former status anymore. The app was just fine as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Funny thing is, those negative feedbacks started since Pro was discontinued and they started making changes.. Since then there is not been one single from the developers to meet the users in any way. They just keep changing the UI and stuff. But despite all their efforts, they can't meet their former status anymore. The app was just fine as it used to be.
    The pro version was fine. I actually do like most of the latest betas and the last official except for the awful header montage. This latest beta needs some work.
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 ... LastLast