Auto responder app

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I'm looking for an app for my iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.1 that will auto respond to calls and texts with a text message. I'd like to use this while in meetings and while driving (I'm on the road a lot) to respond to calls and texts that I can't get to. Know of anything like this? I can't seem to find an app with this functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Well the Native caller has a text response you can customize with your own message

Settings>Phone
ajateveg.jpg

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad. I had one on my Blackberry and my Android phones I've previously owned. I thought for sure something like that would be available for the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If I receive a text whilst driving, I ignore it. The next time I choose to stop, i read it. You just have to stop treating texts as desperately important.

Just my .02

miniwheat

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
oh gee thanks. That daily dose of attitude was sooooo helpful.

Did you ever consider maybe there was more than one use for such an app? Such as...
I'm out of town... will reply when back
I'm in a meeting...
I'm napping...
and the list goes on.

but no really, your comment was very helpful. much appreciated. thanks for the info. I'm sure the other reader found it helpful too.

uigrrl

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
There is more to the need for auto response than driving or in meetings. It's human nature to respond, and texting is used for pretty complex interactions these days. Some friends may expect you to reply because you have set that up expectation and don't get it when you don't reply...

Give me something to politely say I'm busy and can't talk right now... to politely decline a conversation at that moment. Please some developer build this thing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77