IMore forums app vs tapatalk?

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! It's me again with another question that I know you can answer and I'd like to thank you in advance.

My question is this, I've been using the iMore forums app to chat with you all but I've seen that on certain forum members have a signature saying they're using tapatalk.

Is that app better than the iMore forums app? How does it work?

Thanks again for your patience with someone that barely knows about forum apps.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Tapatalk just lets you browse more than just iMore forums. You can go on XDA, MacRumors, Head-Fi, etc.
I know a lot of people don't like switching between apps too often, so they use one that can do it all.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I really can't live without Tapatalk. I've got too many forum's to have each one be a separate app.

Plus Tapatalk has the dark option that's better on my eyes (and sometimes battery). =)

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 9 forums I frequent. So I use TapaTalk a good bit. I do use the iMore app when I post or share some photos. The Free TapaTalk app leaves a watermark on the photo. I also like TapaTalk for the dark theme. It's easy on my eyes. If you don't like all the bright white, try the dark theme in settings.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
FYI: If you are planning on using the signature feature in either app, please removed the one you have via the iMore forums's settings or your post will display two signatures instead of one when you view the forums via a web browser.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
FYI: If you are planning on using the signature feature in either app, please removed the one you have via the iMore forums's settings or your post will display two signatures instead of one when you view the forums via a web browser.

Thanks for the heads up:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I actually dislike forum apps very much. I browse a lot of web pages on my iPad and having to swap between different apps to do so, where some forums or websites have their own app, is a pain

I only use web browsers for forums and that's just the way I prefer it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i was the last one to say that you would catch me using any of these 2 apps to be quite honest. i have use of a desktop be it home or work and just find it easier.

Now I have given our own forum app a go some time ago and stopped using it. Last month i tried the free tapatalk to see what all the discussion was all about, 2 weeks ago I haver been using tapatalk Pro non stop with my iPad mini retina when I get home and want to chill watching sports or a favorite show.
Kind of like Tiger woods and his back surgery mastering video games with all his free time. Well now I would say I have taught myself pretty good on how to use TT Pro and got the settings the way I like it. I never sign out but just turn off the iPad when not around and don't take it to work to make it obvious but i sure love it that is TT Pro now at home and find it very easy to hope back and forth to our other forums I have on there that I go see from time to time. I suppose I just needed to give it a fair chance and time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77