Fantastical 2 Alert Questions

pelorick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Fantastical 2 and really like that it can be used for both events and reminders. I am wondering how others use this. In other words, do you use it in conjunction with the native apps or by itself? In order to keep it synced between ios devices, does background app refresh need to be enabled? One reason I am finding it hard to completely eliminate the stock apps (at least for alerts) is because one cannot snooze alerts in F2. I was happy to see this feature added to ios 7, and would hate to lose it. However, I feel like using F2 for inputting and viewing, and ios native apps for "snoozable" alerts is a bit inefficient. Especially since it will open the alert in the native app if you need to edit it from the notification window. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Fantastical 2 and really like that it can be used for both events and reminders. I am wondering how others use this. In other words, do you use it in conjunction with the native apps or by itself? In order to keep it synced between ios devices, does background app refresh need to be enabled? One reason I am finding it hard to completely eliminate the stock apps (at least for alerts) is because one cannot snooze alerts in F2. I was happy to see this feature added to ios 7, and would hate to lose it. However, I feel like using F2 for inputting and viewing, and ios native apps for "snoozable" alerts is a bit inefficient. Especially since it will open the alert in the native app if you need to edit it from the notification window. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

I guess it depends on how you choose to use it. I use the native iOS apps for notifications only, but use Fantiastical 2 for actual day-to-day use (with NO notifications for F2). Since F2 uses the content from the native apps (Calendar and Reminders), and those data can/should be synced via iCloud, it should not be a matter of use on multiple devices.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Fantastical for quite some time and I actually use it mainly for business dates and reminders and the Native app for personal use so i have specific needs that work good for me. I still use the native reminder app and the any.do app quite a lot, Actually every day again wit the native reminder and again I do use them as business and personal again and it works for me.
I suppose once you get a system and get use to it it becomes second nature so however you set things up good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2