Best Twitter Client?

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I love Tweetbot but I've also enjoyed Slice. It's faster than Tweetbot but it does have some bugs here and there but they've been pretty active in fixing them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
not really in to twitter, but for me the official twitter app is good enough. I must be missing something important about this twitter thing.....

Twitter is not for everyone, my friend, but for those who may be tempted to try it, they need to figure out the manner in which they want to use it and then find people that share the same interest(s). Some people simply follow celebrities, others use it as a hangout & socialize with friends. More use it for up-to-the-minute news coverage. A lot of people use it to promote their businesses and a great deal of people, me included, use it for political purposes. Your options are endless. Anyway, I hope I was helpful. Take care and have a good night...:D

Last edited:

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow! Not a single mention for Tweetcaster? Tweet bot is ah-ite, but I dumped it for Tweetcaster long ago. Maybe something changed or I missed something. Really not one single mention of Tweetcaster? I'm completely miffed...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Not a single mention for Tweetcaster? Tweet bot is ah-ite, but I dumped it for Tweetcaster long ago. Maybe something changed or I missed something. Really not one single mention of Tweetcaster? I'm completely miffed...

Not in this particular thread, but it is mentioned HERE

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
tweetbot for me. I honestly could have used the official twitter app if i hadn't tried tweetbot first and gotten used to it. I got very used to sliding i'm to view conversations. I tried to go back to the official twitter app but i couldn't adjust, couldn't find the full conversations. I eventually got frustrated and went back to tweetbot. I'd just gotten so used to where things were in tweetbot. So for me tweetbot is the best. But if i'd used the official one first i probably would have been fine with it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I use whatever is built into iOS and the official app. I don't use it that much and just read tweets and sometimes send a tweet......but mostly retweet.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No matter how many times I switch apps, I always end up back with Echofon. Use it on both my iPad and iPhone. I just wish they would make a dark theme for the iPad.

cdelauz02

Mar 31, 2006
Visit site
I have and always loved Tweetbot, but I noticed I became addicted to twitter and was using the app a lot. I noticed the app would drain my battery fast. I am now using the offical Twitter app, and with the same usage and my battery last A LOT longer through out the day. Tweetbot is good but consumes a lot more battery than the official app. Plus the offical app has been good witht all the updates.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Tweetbot hands down. The only thing it doesn't do that the official Twitter for iOS does is when you click on a user homepage it shows all the pics they posted towards the middle of the page after their most recent tweets. Tweetbot doesn't do that when you click on a users home page, but other than that its THE BEST twitter for iPhone.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
TweetCaster. It's a Universal app so you only have to buy it once for iPad and iPhone, has an Android version for those in both spaces, syncs your position across devices, has lists, can mute by @name or #hashtag, other features.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Tweetbot hands down. The only thing it doesn't do that the official Twitter for iOS does is when you click on a user homepage it shows all the pics they posted towards the middle of the page after their most recent tweets.
i hope they add that cause i'd like to see that.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Tried TweetBot for the past couple days and now switched back to stock twitter.

TweetBot was slow and refresh issues. Maybe it was the App or Twitter, not sure but Simple Twitter works for me.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Pros and cons please.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

Literally no cons that I can think of. I'm being totally serious I really can't think of any. Pros- all the motion and touch commands, if u download it you'll know what I mean u can swipe left to see convo on a tweet, swipe right to see details, tap the tweet to pull up bar under the tweet that let's u choose if u wanna RT, reply, make it a fav, settings, and something else I think... And you can make custom timelines for example if u follow celebrities and u wanna see their tweets but they get lost in the giant mass of your default timeline , u can put all your celebs onto their own timeline and it will only display tweets from them and u can make multiple custom timelines like that. Everything about Tweetbot is perfect it's never crashed on me and has the best sound effects as well. Def good investment if u like twitter. I never used twitter before, then I bought tweetbot for some reason and now I'm on twitter all day lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Literally no cons that I can think of. I'm being totally serious I really can't think of any. Pros- all the motion and touch commands, if u download it you'll know what I mean u can swipe left to see convo on a tweet, swipe right to see details, tap the tweet to pull up bar under the tweet that let's u choose if u wanna RT, reply, make it a fav, settings, and something else I think... And you can make custom timelines for example if u follow celebrities and u wanna see their tweets but they get lost in the giant mass of your default timeline , u can put all your celebs onto their own timeline and it will only display tweets from them and u can make multiple custom timelines like that. Everything about Tweetbot is perfect it's never crashed on me and has the best sound effects as well. Def good investment if u like twitter. I never used twitter before, then I bought tweetbot for some reason and now I'm on twitter all day lol.

Thank you ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Tweetbot is better, but if you're looking for free, just use the native client. It's the second best available behind Tweetbot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2