Garage Band - importing music

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the updated Garage Band app for iOS 6. One of the features is the ability to import songs from my music collection. Does anybody know how to get that to work? I have "the new iPad" and just updated to iOS 6.

rootyb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Found your post by googling around looking for an answer myself. Once I found my answer, I figured I'd come share it.

So, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but:

Choose the "sampler" instrument, then tap the loop icon in the top right corner. From there, you can pick an apple-provided loop, files imported via iTunes file sharing, or songs from your music folder.

It's not really intuitive at all. I only found it by going through just about every option.

Reactions: Rick0926

bbooshay

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Found your post by googling around looking for an answer myself. Once I found my answer, I figured I'd come share it.

So, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but:

Choose the "sampler" instrument, then tap the loop icon in the top right corner. From there, you can pick an apple-provided loop, files imported via iTunes file sharing, or songs from your music folder.

It's not really intuitive at all. I only found it by going through just about every option.

Thank you so much! I literally spent an hour scouring through the app and never noticed that "Music" tab on the loops menu.
I dont think you have to use the sampler instrument though, I believe it will just add it as a new track on the project window.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2