Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kataran
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

Default Day One Users

I am not asking you to share your personal entries however, I love this app but I'm just curious as to how everyone else uses it

Do you use it for lists, journal, remember what you did the previous day?
    And how do you write in it? 3rd person, do you write it like a story or do you write it as a quick note?

Feel free to share whatever you feel comfortable with!
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

I use it more like a note with photo than diary.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've been looking at One Day for awhile. Can someone tell me if it works with iCloud? I'd like to use it to keep track of daily activities. I think sometimes it will be easier to type a phone on my iPhone and other on my iPad. Any help?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Just remember, everything happens for a reason...

If you found my post helpful, feel free to click "Thanks!"
    iPhone Beginner

I use day one as a diary. I have three iOS devices and I use to transfer entries from other diary apps with iTunes which was a lot of work. It works perfect with iCloud's. This is my number one app. I use almost everyday.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I use it as a personal journal. A notification reminds me each night to write! I write in first person and just sum up my day and how I'm feeling, sometimes adding photos. Syncs perfectly using iCloud or Dropbox across iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've been using day one as a journal/diary. I think this one the best iOS apps around. Adding the picture function bumped it up a few more notches.

I will document things maybe 2-3 times a week and a pics of whatever the basis of entry is if I have a pic based on what I entered. The Mac app is just as slick. It would be great to add multiple pics to a entry.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had a slight problem with Day One today. My iOS devices keep saying a file was downloading this kept going for hours. The Dev's support page is very good If you every have this problem the check the site but basically I had to trash Day One doc files within iCloud in Mac Sys Prefs and then resync with iPad and iPhone straighten it right out. but follow the directions on the support page.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Day one was already a nice app with its functionality and simple UI, but after the update with option to add pictures, weather and location features I am loving it.
    I use this app for keeping notes and uploading pics.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoy exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Day One Users

I'm using it as a diary and I think it is a great app. I searched for a solution that I can export the entries for printing them out because I wanted the diary also old fashioned as a book. Finally I found a exportingtool which allows you to convert your entries into PDF with a fancy layout. Here is the link to the tool

Greetz
    THEYKILLEDKENNY
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

cool app, use it as a diary.

The price is right now so I bought it and started my journal today on the first

Nice app user friendly

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    iEd likes this.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    The price is right now so I bought it and started my journal today on the first

Nice app user friendly

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    It takes advantage the M7 chip also. The app counts your steps.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"