Email App Closing

sg01

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just this afternoon, I opened the email app and tapped on an email message to read. Then the app closed and went back to the home screen. I did a reboot and tried to open the email again. Same thing happened. I tried opening another email message, same thing.

Anyone having this problem?

Any suggestion on how to resolve this?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Easiest and probably best way to solve your problem is to back up your device and restore :( I don't know why it would do that, I'm sorry. But restoring should fix it :)

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Just this afternoon, I opened the email app and tapped on an email message to read. Then the app closed and went back to the home screen. I did a reboot and tried to open the email again. Same thing happened. I tried opening another email message, same thing.

Anyone having this problem?

Any suggestion on how to resolve this?

i have read something similar happened to people.

You will have do delete that specific email from the email.app. Go to the webmail side of your email to read that email and delete so it doesn't get downloaded again.

Give this a go... also if you have some 3rd party email apps that interact with email.app i would try removing those as well if problem still persists.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above .. Should do the trick for you. I have had this happen to me before as well with Gmail sometime back.

sg01

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i have read something similar happened to people.

You will have do delete that specific email from the email.app. Go to the webmail side of your email to read that email and delete so it doesn't get downloaded again.

Give this a go... also if you have some 3rd party email apps that interact with email.app i would try removing those as well if problem still persists.

I did the above with no success. The email app is still closing when I tap on any email to open.

Looks like a restore will be the solution. I hope.

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have read somewhere regarding this and that says If you are using MS Exchange than remove it and use MS outlook I have seen this working before else you can do as already said first back up your phone and than sync iphone for updates/upgrade with apple.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you are using MS Exchange than remove it and use MS outlook I have seen this working before else you can do as already said first back up your phone and than sync iphone for updates/upgrade with apple.

???? Exchange is a protocol and Outlook is a client.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Before opting for the backup/restore I'd delete the mail account from your device and re-add it.

Posted with Tapatalk

sg01

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried deleting the email account and the email app was still closing. Even safari was doing the same.

I went ahead and did a restore and uploaded the back up on my phone. Still same problem. So I had to restore as a new phone. Too bad.

sg01

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Btw, my husband said after I restored it that maybe it was shutting down because my 16GB iPhone is getting full with music, photos, etc.

Is this the possible reason?

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
no...

you have an app that uses safari and email app that is causing hte crash.. i would put your backup on and remove apps one at a time and see what happens.

Did you or anyone else by any chance JB your phone at some point?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77