Camera App

RickyBobby

May 3, 2011
Visit site
What's the best app for a Fisheye effect? It also might be called a Bubble lens. I've only come across cheezy one's myself. Could you post a pic if you have a good one. Thanks!

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
personally I don't like ANY. the digitized outputs just look strange. it's better to just get a physical fisheye for your iPhone. I bought one that works out nicely.

RickyBobby

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea I was just looking at them. Figured that was going to be the only way to get a good pic. They are pretty expensive though right?

Rocktapus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
they're really only around $20-25USD. it's more expensive than an app...but the quality is loads better...and the fact that it is a widescreen angle, means you can get more into the picture without having to stand 50 feet away.

here's a video of my lens in action:
YouTube - Fisheye Lens for iPhone
theres a link in the description if you wanna buy one...you can still shop around for better deals/lenses though. there's also a link to my blog for some shots i took with it paired with the hipstamatic app.

also...if you do end up getting a physical fisheye, most of them are magnetic....i'd suggest superglueing the metal ring it comes with to an IPHONE CASE, and not to the iphone itself.