Calendar and Contacts

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to create calendar events that link to contact entries? For example, I have my veterinarian in my contact list and it would be nice to be able to link the event to the contact. Also, being able to click the location on a calendar entry and open the maps or other nav app would be a plus. Is there something on Cydia that would do the trick?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You can put the address from a contact in the notes field and the map application will be linked.

I must say this is an area where the iPhone is mighty lame compared to an Android phone. I've switched for a business app that syncs with iPad and QuickBooks but miss that. Android would not only link maps but had far superior maps and navigation. Then add that you can speak a contact or a place in search and usually get navigation with a finger press or two.

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched from android to iOS a few weeks ago so I guess that is where my request spawned from. I guess if I never had android I would have never thought of this. Maybe iOS 5 will incorporate this. Still hoping Apple makes a whole slew of changes in the next version. Android was superior in so many ways but I couldn't be happier with my iPhone. I had iPhones 1G thru 3GS but moved to android to get away from AT&T. Now that I have VZW and iPhone things couldn't be better....unless a jailbreak rolled around for 4.2.7 ;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Get yourself a 3rd party calendar app like Calengoo and there's a place to link your contacts to your events.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2