If you had to...

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
suggest ONE app to a friend who has just got their first iPhone which app would you suggest to them and why?

Just curious to see what people rate as their favourite app. It would also be interesting to see how this app helps them in their everyday life (if it isn't a game!)

I am new to the iPhone world and I am keen to learn more - I want to try and get as much knowledge surrounding the iPhone as possible and what better way to do this than ask TiPb members :)

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on what you like. Facebook and Twitter are popular, so are games. If you have small kids, I suggest Elmo's Monster Maker. My son loves it.

What type of apps are you looking for? Games, Utilities, Other? That might help people give suggestions.

Here's one, though: Free App A Day. Handy to see if anything is discounted to free for a day.

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm into all sorts of stuff - as long as it can keep me entertained and come in handy. I've downloaded Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Amazon etc.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
SoundHound ... Because I think Shazam is overrated!

S/H is faster and works a lot better and recognizes
99% of the songs.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

99% of the songs.

+1 to that. SoundHound is a great app.

Photoshop Express
redbox - if you're in the US. Reserve movies from the kiosks right from your phone
myWireless - Manage your AT&T account from your phone

FobBerry

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the UK but I've download the myorange app which is the same thing as mywireless but for the network I am using :)

I'll give SoundHound a go though, thanks!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Epicurious - Recipe suggestions based on ingredients you enter.
Appshopper - See apps that are on sale or newly updated
Chomp - Search for apps by type, rather than exact name like you have to do in the App Store/iTunes

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

99% of the songs.

Haha I was going to sugggest Shazam!! But I'm going to have to try SoundHound now!

Hmm..other than Shazam, Angry Birds for gaming, And I like AppAdvice to find new apps!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
-if your into new i recommend pulse it really is good for the random moments you have nothing to do
-for random haha's i recommend xkcd -hd its my favorite web comic brought to the iphone!
-if you use netflix then deff get the netflix app
-get the flixter movies app for obvious reasons
-give siri a shot it really is like your own personal assistant not sure if its in the app store anymore since apple bought it though
-for games try out fruit ninja so far its the only app i know of that uses gamecenter multiplayer and its just fun all around

thats all my top favorites from the 126 apps installed on my phone atm