- 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM #101
- 06-21-2010, 07:53 PM #102iPhone Newbie
- 13 Posts
Google Sync of Contacts and Calendar
- Google contacts have sync'ed to 55% of total (at 25 contacts at a time) - I only have 800 contacts;
- Google calendar seems to have fully sync'ed but had to change iPhone settings to only sync 3 months back (prefer to All Events);
- phone favorites slowly re-populating with proper names instead of phone numbers as contacts are updated;
- no issues with photos or wifi
- this is a slow pain in the butt
- 06-21-2010, 08:06 PM #103
- 06-21-2010, 08:12 PM #104
- 06-21-2010, 08:25 PM #105
- 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM #106iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Missing apps located
After updating, I hardly had any apps left on my 3G. Finally figured out that the missing ones did not have a custom icon in iTunes - just the generic "A" symbol. Here's the solution (worked for me, anyway): In iTunes, go to Apps (under Library) and double click on any app that is missing (probably the ones with a generic icon). iTunes will say it can't find the app file and ask if you want to locate it. Click locate and navigate to your iTunes folder/iTunes Music/Mobile Applications. You should find your apps there, and can then locate each one for iTunes.
Your apps may be in a different location, so just search for one and you'll probably find the rest.
Hope it works for you!
Updating from 3.1.3 on iTunes 9.2, OS X 10.6.4, iPhone 3G.
- 06-21-2010, 08:28 PM #107
I read on the apple website forums, that, during the long backup period you can watch a backup file grow in size. Anyone know the path of this file on a PC? You could actually track progress here.
I was thinking of doing the shift-restore procedure, but I dont know the path of the update file for a PC? Does anyone else? Thanks.
- 06-21-2010, 08:41 PM #108
- 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM #109
- 06-21-2010, 08:56 PM #110
After installing iOS 4 on my 3Gs, I lost the capability to send MMS messages. I thought that maybe the MMS option had been turned off in settings. I checked and the option is gone entirely. I restored my phone and reinstalled the new OS, but still have no MMS capabilities. Is anyone else experiencing this?
- 06-21-2010, 08:59 PM #111
- 06-21-2010, 09:29 PM #112
- 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM #113
- 06-21-2010, 09:39 PM #114
- 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM #115
iPhone 3GS 16gb White
Updated to 4.
I removed almost everything I could.
Backed up and commenced update.
The update at the 15 minute mark crashed. No error - just a message to restore my phone.
Disconnected - restored - at the end of the restore process got the "unknown error (1161)".
Started restore again. Took 25 minutes and worked.
1. Maps - Show Traffic will not load or only partially load
2. Maps - Reloads on Hide Traffic - old version was an overlay.
3. Exchange Server - failed to work with only a "cannot update" error message. - issue solved by resetting 8 character pin code
4. Had several apps "not loaded" due to not compatible with OS4 - had to go through list to figure out what ones
5. Music library - only 2/3 loaded - had to resync to get remainder to load
6. Camera resolution not as good as before - why. When download photos resolution is different.
Will post more as I find them
- 06-21-2010, 10:05 PM #116
- 06-21-2010, 10:32 PM #117
- 06-21-2010, 10:32 PM #118
- 06-21-2010, 10:34 PM #119iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
iPod app would not stay open or play.
OK I've checked almost every problem that others have posted here on my 3Gs. And the good news is looks like most of them are not universal problems. No problem with the install, MMS, maps, mobileme sync, all good.
Not sure yet, but battery power seems as good or better than before.
Also ringtones are playing through to my Jawbone 2, which is great.
I did have the same VVM problem, which went away.
But, there has been some wierdness...
iPod app would launch, then quit after 2-3 seconds. Other methods of playing music would also fail, like double click home when iPhone is locked and hit play, voice control, etc. Reboot didn't fix it. However, it did fix itself after syncing again with iTunes. Bizarre.
Dislikes: Every app you launch stays running in background? Not being able to make home button go to favorites, or pop up iPod control directly.
3Gs not JB, 3.13 -> 4.0
- 06-21-2010, 10:35 PM #120
- 06-21-2010, 10:48 PM #121
- 06-21-2010, 11:02 PM #122
Didn't see this mentioned anywhere else, some of you were mentioning Google issues:
Not synced since iOS4 update - Google Mobile Help
Thanks for all the reports. Unfortunately, Google Sync has been undergoing an unplanned maintenance this afternoon, and we have been working to fully restore the service. This has affected Gmail, Calendar, and contacts sync on all devices today since 10am, PST. Our primary focus is to get the service 100% stable again for all devices, and we're concurrently running tests on iOS4 specifically to troubleshoot any particular issues with the upgrade.
Again, we appreciate your patience as we work to improve Google Sync.
- 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM #123iPhone Newbie
- 13 Posts
Anyone else who have a ipod touch 2nd Gen have any wifi problems? Wifi was working perfectly before the iOS4 update and now it constantly is dropping in my own home when previously this was never an issue. web pages will load a lot slower and stutter now and my connection never is stable when previously It never dropped at all!
- 06-21-2010, 11:31 PM #124
- 06-21-2010, 11:40 PM #125