Skype for iPhone

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
So I downloaded this app and created an account in anticipation of some overseas travel in January. So basically as I understand it, I can call another Skype account (provided they're online and logged in) and IM for free right from my phone. It's dialing land/cell lines where I'm a little confused.

So basically I buy Skype Credit and whatever the charges are for the country that I'm dialing (something like .024 per min for the US), that gets deducted from my balance. Is that pretty much correct? And is that the rate to the US no matter where I'm calling from? What about the landlines or cellphones that I call? What do they get charged?

Thanks in advance to any of the resident Skype experts that can explain :)

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
So basically I buy Skype Credit and whatever the charges are for the country that I'm dialing (something like .024 per min for the US), that gets deducted from my balance. Is that pretty much correct? And is that the rate to the US no matter where I'm calling from? What about the landlines or cellphones that I call? What do they get charged?

The answer is Yes. You are correct on all questions. If you only travel overseas occasionaly. The best thing to do, IMO, is buy Skype Credit. You can Call or text any Cell/Landline in the world for the going rates. The Cell/ Landline that you call does NOT get charge. Only you!:)

If you travel a lot, may I suggest Skype Pro. That is what I use for Business main phone line.:cool:

ShaneXman

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Be aware you're limited to talking on a wifi connection

This is the best part about it! I talk to my buddy in Israel from the U.S. all the time. Technology amazes me sometime. ;)

they haven't released the upgrade to allow talking over 3g

My guess is that they will NEVER allow talking about 3G because everyone would just buy a bare bones calling plan with the unlimited data plan so they can place unlimited calls over 3G. Not gonna happen. LOL :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2