Best voice app for the 3G?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll give that shot. Does it just do the google thing, or can it launch music and stuff like that?

It does not open music. I don't think a apps are aloud to so that but I know there are jailbreak apps that are voice control.

Last edited:

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I dont think there is an app that can voice control everything yet like desired by you unfortunately. However some apps have specific voice commands. I used an app called Say Who that could voice dial and voice locate/map locate. It was useful. Google app is great though for just google seach and stuff

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
What about vlingo? Anyone try that yet? I downloaded it earlier today, but I've been so busy here with photographing a wedding and stuff....

secretmuscle

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
the only complaint ive heard about vlingo is that they upload ALL of your contacts' info to their servers...im not even sure they warn you before they do it.:confused:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
What about vlingo? Anyone try that yet? I downloaded it earlier today, but I've been so busy here with photographing a wedding and stuff....

I use Vlingo everyday!:) It is the best one that I have found so far for what I do.(Driving and Talking on the phone) Of course I have not looked lately.

If I am not mistaken all the apps have to load your address book into their servers to get the voice recognition to work. I could be wrong though.

Mar 8, 2010
www.lawrence-najjar.com
Voice dialer

For the 3G, I've tried Melodis Dialer and VoiceBox Dialer. They allow you to say contact names then have the app auto-dial them. The voice recognition accuracy is poor -- less than 50% accurate recognition. When the app is not sure which contact to dial, it presents candidates to you. So, you have to look at a list and select one, which kind of goes against why you were using a voice dialer in the first place. Also, about half the time the list of candidates is not even close to your target contact.

Say Who was a great voice dialer, but is now defunct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77