Apples real naming scheme for the iPhone 8

Mr Awesome

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I think that iPhone 8 will not be called 8 or x, but 10. It makes sense based on previous naming and the fact that it's iPhones tenth anniversary. ;)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nah they will fall still in line with the next model number 8.

But I may be wrong, nobody knows yet until Apple officially releases on stage.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think that iPhone 8 will not be called 8 or x, but 10. It makes sense based on previous naming and the fact that it's iPhones tenth anniversary. ;)

Welcome to iMore Mr Awesome!

The name of the next iPhone has definitely been debated quite a lot. I personally feel they will call it the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus. I say this only because Apple have stuck to this naming scheme for YEARS. all the way from the iPhone 3. So logically, the iPhone 7s would be the next name. However, Apple do have the ability to switch things up since its their 10th anniversary.

Maybe we could have a new branch? Maybe it will just be called the iPhone (2017 Edition). Im sure the rumours will gain more momentum later in the year. :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think we're at the point where the newest iPhone can just be iPhone.

iPhone

iPhone Plus

iPhone SE

While I see the benefit of this, I think there's got to be some label to differentiate between models. It would make ordering the various accessories that are on the market for each model a little difficult, because shapes, sizes and design styles will change!

What that label would be is the question. I kind of like using the "year" label!

No matter what they call it, I'll buy it!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think dropping the numbers and falling closer in line with the MacBook and iPad line would be nice.

iPhone Mini (4")
iPhone Air (4.7")
iPhone Pro (5.5")

This would essentially reset the counter to "1" and next year could be the Air 2 and Mini 2 and Pro 2, or Air S and Pro S

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The names of apple devices right now are really messy. I think we will see all devices simplified into two lines, the base product, iPad iPhone or Mac then the Pro line. The other legacy products, air,se etc will fall to the wayside.
Hello again, introducing the all new IPhone !

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There's bound to be some sort of Tenth Anniversary markings on it but what the company will call it is another Question in itself

anon(10004440)

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I kind of like

iPhone SE
iPhone
iPhone Plus
iPhone Pro

Unless of course they drop the Plus line and replace it with the Pro to just have three versions. The Pro would have the larger screen with Pencil support.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234