Did anyone skip the iPhone 7 because they are waiting for the iPhone 8?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Surely from the 5/5s/SE you want a 7...but from the 6 and especially 6s it seems like a waaaaay overly incremental upgrade

It depends on the use case, in my opinion. I take a ton of pictures and videos with my iPhone and the camera on the 7 Plus is way better than anything in the 6/6s series, especially in low light and when zooming. Also, portrait mode is really, really cool. That being said, I'm generally an annual upgrader anyway and don't nearly represent the general population of smartphone users.

BillyBreathes

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I am waiting for iPhone 8, on the iPhone 6 right now. Mainly because I feel they will step it up for the 10th anniversary iPhone. Partially because I'm not patient when it comes to tech, and I'm testing myself.lol. It's hard sometimes.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Nop, I wanted to buy the 7 Plus for a year now, ( I skipped the 6 and the 6s because my 5S was still okay), but since the 7 Plus was introduced I've decided to buy it and also buy the 8 Plus -or however they'll call it- when it comes out.

I'll just sell the 7 Plus and spring for the 8 Plus out of pocket.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope! Because resale value is so high on iPhones it's quite possible to get a new one each year for only a few hundred bucks.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Didn't skip since I switched back from android. I probably will skip the following model of the 8 depending on improvements.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I keep telling myself to wait for the iPhone 8, but yet I keep going to the AT&T store or Best Buy and playing with the 7 plus. Damn it is so much faster than my 6 plus (duh, 2 generations back). But the speed difference is making me hard to wait to upgrade Plus the new haptic home button I'm digging!

I know its very hard waiting @mchi5. Is there a specific feature you are waiting for in the next iPhone (iPhone 7s or iPhone 8)?

Otherwise, i would say just get the iPhone 7. The upgrade is definitely worth it (from iPhone 6 probably not worth it from 6s). It's a very nice device and as you said, the speed difference is big and it has the haptic home button with 3D Touch. :)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was going to skip the 7... but I caved. Lol... had the SE for a year and wanted to go back to a phablet (has 6S+ before SE) so got a 7+.

Although with rumors of the 8 being released later than usual might not have been a bad choice. Loving this 7+ so far.

With an 8, same body with larger edge-to-edge screen would be nice and/or same 5.5 screen but smaller body due to edge to edge again.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I did but if the rumors will be true that there gonna be 1 iPhone edition ( and 2 normal 7s)thats gonna be crazy expensive then **** that im staying on my 6s.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the 6s plus (which got stolen) but did not upgrade to the 7 for the following reasons: fast charging, same design, same resolution ergonomics.
If the 8 gets the new OLED screen with higher resolution , fast charging and a more compact design then I will be sold

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I for the iPhone 7 Plus to replace my old iPhone 6 Plus, it was getting long in the tooth and struggling under the load I was putting on it. I got my iPhone 7 Plus under the Apple Upgrade Program so I can upgrade yearly if I so choose to do so.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting for the iPhone 8 or "Edition" or whatever Apple decides to call it....Just hope it will not be priced excessively....I am from India and given that Apple plans to manufacture iPhones in India starting June, they will price it reasonably. Fingers crossed.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the 6s Plus right now. I actually bought a 7 Plus to upgrade but there wasn't enough of an upgrade to warrant the change for me. I'm also not a huge camera guy.

I'm gonna wait for the Special Edition model, 7s Plus or 8 Plus (I'll know once I see it) instead since my 6s Plus is still kicking butt!

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for the iPhone 8 or "Edition" or whatever Apple decides to call it....Just hope it will not be priced excessively....I am from India and given that Apple plans to manufacture iPhones in India starting June, they will price it reasonably. Fingers crossed.

It's Apple. It will be like 800-1000