Did anyone skip the iPhone 7 because they are waiting for the iPhone 8?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Normally iPhone worth an update only in two years time. I doubt next one will be so revolutionary it makes the 7/7Plus obsolete. Probably it'll bring a new design with same hardware, or just slightly better hardware. That's what I believe. And, being like that, I'll better wait for the 8S series.

Cheers,
The 6S was worth the upgrade for a number of reasons. The camera was improved, somewhat. The 2GB RAM has a huge impact on day to day usability (lots of Safari freezes with 1GB devices like the 6 Plus). 3D Touch was overhyped and oversold, but it *is* a thing. TouchID is faster, more accurate/reliable on the 6S. It was a viable upgrade to the 6 devices. It was actually one of the biggest upgrades from a previous iPhone model, ever. Even bigger than the iPhone 6/6+ from the 5S, IMO.

However, the 7 is just... lackluster in that regard.

Apple's software innovation pace is quite molasses these days, and the hardware hasn't changed drastically since the 6/6+ were released.

Couple that with the current supply issues (they aren't selling that well, this has to be them simply being too conservative with production) pushing the date you can even get the phone back into December...

Yea, total pass for me.

Honestly, the iPhone 7 is one of the smallest upgrades that Apple has put out, ever. Way smaller than the 6 to 6S, the 5S to the 6, and even the 5 to 5S. It is a smaller upgrade than the average 's' cycle, IMO.

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't the iPhone 7S have to come out before the 8?

Not necessarily, Apple's naming convention can be changed whenever they want. If you look at samsung, you would have presumed the next version of their Note line from Note 5 would be Note 6, but they skipped it and went to 7.

Apple could do something similar and go from iPhone 7 to iPhone 8. Only time will tell :)

anon(9057135)

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Not necessarily, Apple's naming convention can be changed whenever they want. If you look at samsung, you would have presumed the next version of their Note line from Note 5 would be Note 6, but they skipped it and went to 7.

Apple could do something similar and go from iPhone 7 to iPhone 8. Only time will tell :)

I hope they won't because I've always thought the s line of iPhones were better

Bill2Bo

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm holding out. I'm not a fan of apple requiring either bluetooth headphones, or the adapter. I'm hoping they next iteration will come with wireless charging and a designated headphone jack. But I'm not confident that'll actually happen...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out. I'm not a fan of apple requiring either bluetooth headphones, or the adapter. I'm hoping they next iteration will come with wireless charging and a designated headphone jack. But I'm not confident that'll actually happen...

I would bet you'll hold out for nothing. Wireless charging, maybe.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
It seems like the iphone 7 should have been called the iphone 6SS.

And sorry Bill2Bo, but if you are waiting for the headphone jack to return I think you are out of luck.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I keep telling myself to wait for the iPhone 8, but yet I keep going to the AT&T store or Best Buy and playing with the 7 plus. Damn it is so much faster than my 6 plus (duh, 2 generations back). But the speed difference is making me hard to wait to upgrade

Plus the new haptic home button I'm digging!

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I am waiting. I bought my 6s in either January or February and am very happy with its performance--in my opinion, there weren't enough changes for me to upgrade. I am looking forward to what 2017 brings in terms of form factor, internals, etc.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am waiting. I bought my 6s in either January or February and am very happy with its performance--in my opinion, there weren't enough changes for me to upgrade. I am looking forward to what 2017 brings in terms of form factor, internals, etc.

I upgraded since I was coming from the 6 which didn't have 3D force touch, BUT if I had an S I probably would have waited. :)

earthpilot

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes I skipped because my iPhone 6 still works fine and there's still not enough of a gap in features to make me shell out more money for a new iPhone.

Sagar VK18

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
If someone is really waiting for iphone 8 ! Then wait & when the iphone 8 will launch they again wait for iphone 9 just keep on waiting !! instead go & buy 7 :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2