Issue with Touch ID

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
So I've had my iPhone 7 now for a couple days and just realized an issue. When my phone is plugged in, the sensor does not even read my finger on it. Unplugged, works perfectly. Tested it a bunch now and it's the issue only when plugged in and charging. I'm on a chat with Apple support right now. Anyone else experience this??

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Update: both the online software rep and I thought it was a software issue, his senior rep suggested outright appointment today with Apple Store. We'll see what happens.

My main concern is that if I have to swap it for a new phone. I don't want to settle for a refurbished, since this device is only a few days old, I'm bringing my box and everything in hopes for a new one.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That's weird. Were you using the Apple branded cable or a third party cable. I have never seen this issue but with third party cables, I've had some wonky touch screen issues with past iPhones.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
That's weird. Were you using the Apple branded cable or a third party cable. I have never seen this issue but with third party cables, I've had some wonky touch screen issues with past iPhones.

Update: no I only use Apple brand stuff

I went to my appointment aaaaaaaand of course it worked just fine at the appointment. Plugged it in a couple outlets, worked great. Came back home, and it's still iffy with my bedside outlet. I'm in a new home. So not an old outlet problem or anything. Very bizarre. Oh well....

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Update: no I only use Apple brand stuff

I went to my appointment aaaaaaaand of course it worked just fine at the appointment. Plugged it in a couple outlets, worked great. Came back home, and it's still iffy with my bedside outlet. I'm in a new home. So not an old outlet problem or anything. Very bizarre. Oh well....

Have you tried a different outlet?

Eclipse2K

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
That's very strange. Do you have anything else plugged into that outlet? It sounds like there is some interference coming from it.

kinoru

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
So I've had my iPhone 7 now for a couple days and just realized an issue. When my phone is plugged in, the sensor does not even read my finger on it. Unplugged, works perfectly. Tested it a bunch now and it's the issue only when plugged in and charging. I'm on a chat with Apple support right now. Anyone else experience this??

kinoru

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site

I have the exact issue with my 7.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is definitely an odd issue. Does it recognize Touch ID at all, or does it just give the error that the passcode needs to be used. I wonder what would happen if you try to register a new finger while plugged into that same outlet?

I'd try replacing the outlet like @Ledsteplin suggested and see if that helps. May be some weird wiring back there.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
This is definitely an odd issue. Does it recognize Touch ID at all, or does it just give the error that the passcode needs to be used. I wonder what would happen if you try to register a new finger while plugged into that same outlet?

I'd try replacing the outlet like @Ledsteplin suggested and see if that helps. May be some weird wiring back there.

It doesn't read the finger being there at all. I tried adding a new finger while plugged in and same, it won't read my finger is there to scan.

It actually has been working recently. Just off for sure. Doubt the wiring; it's a new home..

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't read the finger being there at all. I tried adding a new finger while plugged in and same, it won't read my finger is there to scan.

It actually has been working recently. Just off for sure. Doubt the wiring; it's a new home..

New doesn't mean it was done right particularly if you're having issues with that outlet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2