iPhone 7 Terrible Call quality on AT&T

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got three different 7's and none of them worked. The call quality was terrible and then the calls would drop. I wish they'd do something to resolve this.

Mine seems to be better since 10.0.3. It is still not perfect but not nearly as frustrating.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Ok I take all that back. I'm still having issues on 10.1.1. I've been home today and on several calls. I've either dropped or lost the other end on every single call. I can see that my phone is trying to switch between wifi calling and cellular and it just doesn't do the handoff smoothly. It doesn't cut off the call but I will suddenly hear a pause and then I can't hear the other party anymore, even though my call is still in session.

I also had a few folks tell me they couldn't make out what I was saying.

Totally frustrating. I paid nearly $1000 for this phone and it doesn't work nearly as well as my 6s or SE.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Turn off the wifi calling when on the road. I have the same problem with the android work phone. But I never the wifi calling

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Turn off the wifi calling when on the road. I have the same problem with the android work phone. But I never the wifi calling

I never had issues with wifi calling on my 6s or SE. And as I've stated before, I shouldn't need to turn off a feature that I need to get it to "work". Is the point of wifi calling to help in weak signal areas?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Maybe with the antenna lines hidden within the body and the phone being waterproof the antennas are having a hard time reaching out and receiving data.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I never had issues with wifi calling on my 6s or SE. And as I've stated before, I shouldn't need to turn off a feature that I need to get it to "work". Is the point of wifi calling to help in weak signal areas?

wifi has to be strong to work (I believe)...like I said my work phone (android) when try to connect to wifi calling the other and myself can't hear next to nothing
it is not only iPhone with the problem

Xenden

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Not on AT&at, but wifi calling and a 3G network extended both helped me in Verizon.

They are separate solutions, that work well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2