Bluetooth Connectivity Issues

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with their bluetooth connectivity since upgrading to the iPhone 7? Every iPhone I've had since 2011 (when I bough my car) has had no trouble connecting to the headunit. Now the iphone has a success rate of maybe once out of every 10 to 15 pairings for working. My hit rate with my Big Jambox (probably 3-4 years old) isn't as bad, but about once out of every 4 times it won't pair upon starting. I was hoping the update to 10.0.1 would solve the issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
>>> YES <<< Today as a matter of fact. I had to delete the profile from my car and from my phone. Reconnect, and reconnect. It won't connect automatically anymore. I am at 2nd and 3rd level support with Apple about this and other issues. It looks like my phone will be going back to Apple. They will either be sending me a new one, or I will be trading it in at an Apple store while traveling (as there is not one here). They want this phone back to diagnose. I have failed remote diagnostic tests from Apple re: Bluetooth. So yes.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My Bluetooth headset disconnected multiple times during a conference call. Very annoying. It kept saying, "out of range" even though it was not.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My Bluetooth headset disconnected multiple times during a conference call. Very annoying. It kept saying, "out of range" even though it was not.

I have an email into my 3rd level support at Apple and asked her if it's a 10.0.1 issue or a more widespread IP7 issue. Not sure she will have the answer, and even if she does, is allowed to tell me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an email into my 3rd level support at Apple and asked her if it's a 10.0.1 issue or a more widespread IP7 issue. Not sure she will have the answer, and even if she does, is allowed to tell me.

I think it's iOS issue. I had it on my SE and 6s as well.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
>>> YES <<< Today as a matter of fact. I had to delete the profile from my car and from my phone. Reconnect, and reconnect. It won't connect automatically anymore. I am at 2nd and 3rd level support with Apple about this and other issues. It looks like my phone will be going back to Apple. They will either be sending me a new one, or I will be trading it in at an Apple store while traveling (as there is not one here). They want this phone back to diagnose. I have failed remote diagnostic tests from Apple re: Bluetooth. So yes.

Did you go through AppleCare to discuss the problem? I don't mind switching the phone out, but I'm not sure I'll have time to roll to an Apple store for a couple weeks :-/

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you go through AppleCare to discuss the problem? I don't mind switching the phone out, but I'm not sure I'll have time to roll to an Apple store for a couple weeks :-/

They want my phone back, so they are sending me one from Apple direct FedEx overnight. They are putting a rush since I am leaving town on Saturday. I am over 100 miles from an Apple Store, but if they overnight me one tomorrow, I get it Friday, can restore from backup Friday Night and if it's good I can use that phone. Tuesday on my way home, I pass an Apple store in Tigard Oregon and can drop off my old one. That's the plan. They are finding too many bugs when running diagnostics on my phone and they want to tear it apart to find out what / why.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They want my phone back, so they are sending me one from Apple direct FedEx overnight. They are putting a rush since I am leaving town on Saturday. I am over 100 miles from an Apple Store, but if they overnight me one tomorrow, I get it Friday, can restore from backup Friday Night and if it's good I can use that phone. Tuesday on my way home, I pass an Apple store in Tigard Oregon and can drop off my old one. That's the plan. They are finding too many bugs when running diagnostics on my phone and they want to tear it apart to find out what / why.

Are you positive your connectivity issue is not in the back up? I would set up as new.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Been set up as new 3x. There were many other issues with this phone and that's what triggered the first contact to Apple. There was an old Gmail account on my account set up probably seven or eight years ago that all of a sudden started causing conflicts with the ability to back up to the cloud. I've spent over a dozen hours twice now setting up the phone is new downloading the apps individually re-logging into everything and getting all the passwords done. So now they just want the phone back and will get me a new one

LostMyNarbles

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
There's something wrong in iOS 10 is my guess. My Pebble Time has had connection issues on my iPhone 6 and I've also read similar complaints from other Pebble owners and also issues with Android Wear watches.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Apple ran remote diagnostics on my iPhone 7 and kept getting BT errors. That plus other errors. So they send me a new phone FedEx overnight. It just came. Will see if that solves the problem for me.

CrucialTK

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
they had me install a diagnostic profile, so i'm working with them to get logs from the phone about its connectivity.
Apple ran remote diagnostics on my iPhone 7 and kept getting BT errors. That plus other errors. So they send me a new phone FedEx overnight. It just came. Will see if that solves the problem for me.

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the problem too. Have a VW car and sometimes it won't connect auto. I'm running 10.1 Beta. I had 10.1 Beta on my 6s and no issues whatsoever so i doubt it's ios 10 but the 7 is the problem.. I think the 6s is a far better phone than the 7 . I notice the 7 isn't very smooth stuttery when scrolling also, i suspect the internals on the 7 are cheaper made, it feels cheaper to me and not a patch on my flawless old 6s which unfortunately i have sold :-/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2