High color gamut screen, new chip, and new camera, plus water resistance does it for me. But I'm abnormal.
    You would have upgraded regardless. You work for a techblog and always have to have the latest and greatest....
    09-11-2016 11:04 AM
    How's this " high color gamut " screen standing up to these Samsung 2k displays or just a gimmick?
    Pretty sure that is just apple deflecting press from them still using the same res screens for the past 3 phones.
    09-11-2016 11:05 AM
    For me. The camera, quad processor, stereo speakers, camera and water proofing. But mainly i am excited about the new home button. I didn't like the sound of the clicking. So I like how it's a force touch home button.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    09-11-2016 11:49 AM
    I haven't even had my 6s for a year yet--I'm very happy with it, so I see no reason to buy the 7. If the 2017 release has features I feel I can't live without I will upgrade then.
    09-11-2016 12:28 PM
    Look maybe it's my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong, but to say the 6s and 7 or 6s Plus and 7 Plus are too similar is to change is wrong. I get it, with 6s and 6s Plus all "Needs" are met easily with a great barely year old device.

But realistically the devices are completely different in so many ways. Question is whether those differences are enough to make the switch. With the Home Button changes its clear iOS 10 is optimized for the 7 series. It's faster in all aspects, better camera. The software IS better.

But if you're just hardware guy or gal which is cool, than yeah...the 6s or 6s Plus are both still great devices and will continue to be.

But again, the 7 series is an upgrade in so many ways, just not as aesthetically upgraded as some fans would like. In some instances no feature in the world be good enough to get a person pay to switch to a phone that looks so similar.

After using the 6s on iOS 10.0.1 last few days it's becoming obvious something's missing and I can't wait to see how the new 3D Touch Home Button is incorporated.
    Better software?
    09-11-2016 04:35 PM
    Better software?
    Perhaps I could have elaborated, software is same as in iOS10 but the integration and full functionality will only be available on 7 and 7 Plus. And that's okay. I love my 6s running 10.0.1 right now.

But I know that the OS will offer more with the 3D Touch Home Button. For those who don't care about that stuff it's like I said, the 6s and 6s Plus are GREAT as are the 6 and 6 Plus.

But if you want the full experience of iOS 10, grab a new 7 or 7 Plus.
    09-11-2016 04:56 PM
    How's this " high color gamut " screen standing up to these Samsung 2k displays or just a gimmick?
    The Note 7 is HDR. It simply is the best display in a smartphone, period. I wish I didn't have to return mine. It makes most LCDs pale in comparison. I don't have an iphone 7+ (yet) but I do have an ipad pro and the (Samsung) panel renders color and contrast better.

The iphone 8 should have a very similar panel next year.
    09-11-2016 05:22 PM
    I'm sticking with my 6S Plus. I love the improvements and new features that come with S models. I believe Apple held back some stuff this time around in preparation for the 7S, which is also year 10.
    09-11-2016 05:31 PM
    I'm sticking with my 6S Plus. I love the improvements and new features that come with S models. I believe Apple held back some stuff this time around in preparation for the 7S, which is also year 10.
    I just posted in another group.. the analysts are already saying no 7s only 8 next year. But it's so very early and who knows. Just another rumor at best.
    Apple will drop its incremental “s” iPhone release next year in favor of jumping straight to the iPhone 8, claims Barclays analyst Mark Moskowitz.
    ReVu30 likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:54 PM
    Not for me. My 6s Plus still perfectly does the job.
    I upgraded from the 6 Plus to the 6s Plus because of the increase in RAM, which made a huge difference, and because of Rose Gold . I'm happy with the pictures it takes, battery life (I'm a heavy user) and 64GB is the right amount of storage. 128GB would feel like wasted space.

I'm not someone who upgrades only to have the latest, but because I need to (so, to me, latest =/= greatest).
    Lol I said the same thing (and I only buy white iPhones)...and then I saw the jet black.

My resolve to not upgrade went bye bye. Heh.
    09-11-2016 07:30 PM
    Lol I said the same thing (and I only buy white iPhones)...and then I saw the jet black.

My resolve to not upgrade went bye bye. Heh.
    I've owned all white bezel phones since my iPhone 4 but I fell in love with the jet black as soon as I saw it during the keynote. I couldn't wait to get finger prints and scratches all over it. Unfortunately, an internet issue (Thanks Comcast!) caused a slight delay for me when the preorder went live and I ended up with a reservation for yet another silver iPhone. I'm hoping I can convince the Apple Store employee to swap me out on the DL when I get there on Friday morning.
    reeneebob and w00cash1020 like this.
    09-11-2016 08:14 PM
    Do I need to upgrade? No Of course not. My 6S is still my favorite phone to date. However, I'm on Verizon's payment plan, so might as well be paying on this years iPhone. Besides that black is nice. Just my opinion.
    jenmeow78 likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:27 PM
    I want the jet black color. Plus I am buying it for the speakers and camera. Otherwise I would probably keep my 6s
    09-11-2016 09:51 PM
    Do I need to upgrade? No Of course not. My 6S is still my favorite phone to date. However, I'm on Verizon's payment plan, so might as well be paying on this years iPhone. Besides that black is nice. Just my opinion.
    I'm doing the very same thing...so I'm thinking the very same thing. I'll be making payments on my 6s for another year if I don't upgrade, so ...why not be making the same payments on a new iPhone, even if it's not earth-shatteringly better?

Great minds think alike, Devin!
    DevinNJ likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:32 PM
    256gb memory
    09-11-2016 10:39 PM
    Honestly I feel like I should get a 7 plus (a free one at that) because for the 11months I've owned this phone it's been in the shop more than anything and it still isn't working properly but I won't. It's not even that great of an upgrade imo. And I just have a funny feeling this will happen to me again so I'm sticking with my phone till the 8.
    ladyc0524 and w00cash1020 like this.
    09-12-2016 11:15 AM
    Really good to hear all of your 'I don't need it and it's not much of an upgrade but I'll still upgrade because I want to' responses.

I know now why they call you what they call you.

Hahaha I'm just kidding. No I'm not. I have an iPhone too btw. But if Android users read this thread they would laugh their brains out. Just saying. No biggie. Don't kill me.
    09-12-2016 01:48 PM
    I won't be upgrading simply because I can't afford to. I'll be upgrading next year for the 10th anniversary model. My 6S+ is running just fine for me and I am content with what I have, which is why I will stay off the forums this weekend!
    09-12-2016 03:04 PM
    I think it's not a big upgrade so I will not be doing it.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-12-2016 04:53 PM
    I think it's not a big upgrade so I will not be doing it.
    Depends on who you ask.. if they have a 4s or 5s it's a massive upgrade. If you have a 6 like me, it's a nice upgrade. If you have a 6s, it's not a big upgrade. If you're on an exploding Samsung, it's a safe upgrade. LOL
    ladyc0524 and H_D like this.
    09-12-2016 05:15 PM
    I haven't heard a good argument yet, I really enjoy my 6s and the Apple battery case I have it in. I will be waiting for next year to see what Apple has to come up with.
    Currently rocking the Samsung S7 edge as my daily driver and my 6s as a backup. The S7 edge is a awesome device camera , size, OS it's a very nice device.
    Last edited by o4liberty; 09-12-2016 at 08:18 PM.
    09-12-2016 05:21 PM
    I keep going back to this. iOS10 is great on my 6s. I'm a huge fan of 3D Touch on my Apple Watch, but think 3D Touch on the MacBook is terrible. So for me I own my 6s outright. I pre-ordered the 7 because the 3D Touch Home Button will make or break it for me. If I like it, the phone will be a keeper and the 6s will find a new home. If I don't like it, the 7 will go back and I'll be happy with the 6s running iOS10. With time to test and return I can't really lose.
    ladyc0524 and MooMooPrincess like this.
    09-12-2016 05:24 PM
    I haven't heard a good argument yet, I really enjoy my 6s and the Apple battery case I have it in. I will be waiting for next year to see what Apple has to come up with.
    Seldom is there a good argument. The answer is.. do what makes you happy with your choice. Many don't care if you get one or not.. it's one more in the store to increase their chance of getting one.. so it's all good. Whatever floats your boat!
    09-12-2016 05:35 PM
    I'm doing the very same thing...so I'm thinking the very same thing. I'll be making payments on my 6s for another year if I don't upgrade, so ...why not be making the same payments on a new iPhone, even if it's not earth-shatteringly better?

Great minds think alike, Devin!
    Same reason I am upgrading. And the bill will be a little less
    09-12-2016 07:49 PM
    I won't be upgrading simply because I can't afford to. I'll be upgrading next year for the 10th anniversary model. My 6S+ is running just fine for me and I am content with what I have, which is why I will stay off the forums this weekend!
    I almost pulled the trigger because I was on the pre order pajama party thread reading everyone anxiously waiting the 12 midnight pre order!! I was 1 click away from buying it.. I love my 6s plus!
    ladyc0524 and blackmagicwoman like this.
    09-14-2016 10:58 PM
78 1234