I hope Apple doesn't make too much of a departure. I don't like the quality of Bluetooth headsets in general. Though I do use a DAC with my own expensive headsets for serious listening anyway, so I really don't have a fish in the water of this race, as long as they keep the Lightning port.
    06-20-2016 01:27 PM
    - Edge display. The sides of the phone will covered with long narrow displays so you can keep up to date with news and notifications even when looking at the side of your phone. The rear cover will also have a display so the phone can be used from any direction.

- Highly directional speakers will allow for personal listening without headphones. No more headphone socket.

- Integrated selfie stick.

- Solar panels on rear cover - just leave your phone in the sun for a recharge. Works better with the black models than the white.

- 3D display. Apple has been teasing us with the "flat" look in recent versions of iOS, but with the 7 they will go full 3D. You will need to wear 3D glasses but these will come in various hipster styles.

- Faster processor.
    06-20-2016 02:52 PM
    I'm still amazed at how far and how fast the iPhone and smartphone industry as a whole has advanced in just a few years. I always tell myself I'm not upgrading this year, my phone is perfect...I really need to stop lying to myself
    I predict the iPhone 7/7 Plus/7 Plus Pro will grab my attention again and I will buy it. LOL
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-20-2016 09:52 PM
    I'm still amazed at how far and how fast the iPhone and smartphone industry as a whole has advanced in just a few years. I always tell myself I'm not upgrading this year, my phone is perfect...I really need to stop lying to myself
    I predict the iPhone 7/7 Plus/7 Plus Pro will grab my attention again and I will buy it. LOL
    That's the same thing I tell myself...it's never come to fruition
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-21-2016 07:48 PM
    I think iPhone 7 will look like the rumors, same as 6 series, and "iPhone & iPhone Pro" will launch in June 2017. June 29, 2007 is when the 1st iPhone was launched and explain the rumors of a drastic change in 2017 and not much of change in 2016. Also the iPhone SE might have started a June launch cycle. The iPhone to launch w/ A10 chip and iPhone Pro to launch w/A10x chip.
    06-23-2016 08:35 PM
    I think iPhone 7 will look like the rumors, same as 6 series, and "iPhone & iPhone Pro" will launch in June 2017. June 29, 2007 is when the 1st iPhone was launched and explain the rumors of a drastic change in 2017 and not much of change in 2016. Also the iPhone SE might have started a June launch cycle. The iPhone to launch w/ A10 chip and iPhone Pro to launch w/A10x chip.
    Interesting. What makes you think they'll launch the 2017 model in June?
    06-23-2016 09:32 PM
    Interesting. What makes you think they'll launch the 2017 model in June?
    The first iPhone was launched in June.
    06-23-2016 09:35 PM
    The first iPhone was launched in June.
    Yes, but the last five have been in September/October, with the exception of the SE. Personally, I can't see them releasing a new flagship device less than 12 months after the previous model. We shall see!
    06-23-2016 09:38 PM
    A June launch cycle would make sense as the 7 is looking to be the most disappointing launch in the history of the iPhone. I can tell you i have spoken to many people and if these 7 rumors are true, none of us are upgrading from our 6s's. This coming from a set of users who have purchased every single new iPhone within a week if it's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised, again, if the 7 rumors are true, to see Apple release the 8 even earlier than Sept.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    06-25-2016 12:40 AM
    A June launch cycle would make sense as the 7 is looking to be the most disappointing launch in the history of the iPhone. I can tell you i have spoken to many people and if these 7 rumors are true, none of us are upgrading from our 6s's. This coming from a set of users who have purchased every single new iPhone within a week if it's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised, again, if the 7 rumors are true, to see Apple release the 8 even earlier than Sept.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    You bring up a very good point. It's going to come down to what Apple does with the iPhone 7. The problem with going less than 12 months between refresh cycles is that there are a lot of people who will buy the iPhone 7 regardless of the specs and features. Many of those people purchase through their carriers or through Apple and are either signing a contract or setting up a payment plan that only allows annual upgrades. These people won't be able to get the iPhone "8" at launch of they choose to release it in June.
    To Apple, even a "disappointing" launch is still millions of devices. From a marketing standpoint, I don't see Apple doing this.
    06-25-2016 05:55 AM
    The iPhone 7 aka iPhone 6SS will replace the iPhone 6 in the offerings. Keep in mind they have already mentioned a few weeks back about changing to a 36 month upgrade cycle vs 24 month for hardware. I think Apple is holding out for this device b/c it's decade of iPhone, and wants to make a big deal including matching launch date with the original. If people choose to use Apples upgrade program then yes they will be able to upgrade to the 6SS in fall 2016 and then to iPhone or iPhone Pro in June. Carriers will just have to be creative on their upgrade plans.
    06-25-2016 06:06 AM
    If people choose to use Apples upgrade program then yes they will be able to upgrade to the 6SS in fall 2016 and then to iPhone or iPhone Pro in June.
    How so? Apple Upgrade Program only allows device upgrades every 12 months.
    06-25-2016 06:09 AM
    How so? Apple Upgrade Program only allows device upgrades every 12 months.
    Most people will hold out on upgrading this year if iPhone 7 mirrors the iPhone 6 series w/minor upgrades. If they goto a 3 year hardware cycle, they could possibly change their upgrade program for device upgrades. Most of Apple sales are record when hardware receives an overhaul which usually are customers who are big into tech or need to have the latest tech. The rest of the market are those who can care less and minimal understanding of their device, as long as it's working, they'll just upgrade every 12 months because they're paying for it or a salesmen will talk them into it.
    06-25-2016 08:37 AM
    I think I'm holding out this year. Next year with the anniversary is sure to be huge, and I have never been so happy with a phone as I am with my 6S Plus. Add to that the fact that I still have a year of AppleCare and I don't see upgrading this fall...
    Spencerdl and Putte Kindh like this.
    06-25-2016 09:00 AM
    Keep in mind they have already mentioned a few weeks back about changing to a 36 month upgrade cycle vs 24 month for hardware..
    Please can you provide a reference for this?
    06-25-2016 12:10 PM
    06-25-2016 01:03 PM
    http://fortune.com/2016/05/31/apple-iphone-three-years/
    06-25-2016 01:06 PM
    I think I'm holding out this year. Next year with the anniversary is sure to be huge, and I have never been so happy with a phone as I am with my 6S Plus. Add to that the fact that I still have a year of AppleCare and I don't see upgrading this fall...
    I'm in total agreement with you Reeneebob and I will also probably skip this year's newest and greatest iPhone in lieu of 2017 version whatever ever Apple may decide to call them.
    06-25-2016 02:35 PM
    Just to be clear, then - this was an alleged leaked report, not a confirmed announcement from Apple. A rumour, in other words.
    06-25-2016 03:57 PM
    All these predictions are based on rumors. I base my theories on some of the rumors that leak but some of the leaks are just too artificial.
    06-25-2016 04:14 PM
    All comments are pretty interesting to read!
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:45 AM
    New feature prediction - remote selfie cam.
    Problem: selfie cams are great but they can't take a picture of both you and your phone at the same time. So your Facebook friends will never know which awesome iPhone you're rocking.
    Solution: selfie cam will be attached to a long stick approx 1 meter projecting from the rear of the phone. With careful positioning, both you and your phone will be in the picture!
    07-04-2016 09:53 AM
    I'm thinking they are going to remove the physical spring hardware in the home button and replace it with the technology used in the force touch trackpad of the new MacBooks.
    anony_mouse likes this.
    07-04-2016 10:02 AM
    New Australian mode will automatically orient the display correctly in the southern hemisphere, opening up a major new market for smartphones.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 07-04-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    07-04-2016 02:09 PM
    First off, this is all guessing. I'm not saying all of this is coming in the 7, I'm saying over time with each new iPhone

Removal
    1.) AUX jack (duh)
    2.) sleep/wake button. We have raise to wake
    3.) home button. It's coming
    4.) volume buttons. Replaced with haptic 3D Touch controls.

Additions
    Edge to edge
    Dual camera front and back
    Smart connector

What do you guys think?
    07-04-2016 10:16 PM
90 1234