Freezing and lagging ...seriously ?

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus 256gb and I was just normally doing tasks by clicking on the calendar event on the widget page. It brought me to the calendar and then everything stopped functioning. Touch screen unresponsive, I can't force restart, home button unresponsive and it just stuck there for 2-3 minutes. Then screen started spazzing and then just froze again. I then pressed the lock buttton and everything back to normal. But seriously ? What's with the lagging and freezing? Even with all the technology in here??

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 7 Plus 256gb and I was just normally doing tasks by clicking on the calendar event on the widget page. It brought me to the calendar and then everything stopped functioning. Touch screen unresponsive, I can't force restart, home button unresponsive and it just stuck there for 2-3 minutes. Then screen started spazzing and then just froze again. I then pressed the lock buttton and everything back to normal. But seriously ? What's with the lagging and freezing? Even with all the technology in here??

Could be for various reasons. But did you know the force start procedure has slightly changed? You now have to press the volume up and power button instead of the home button.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Could be for various reasons. But did you know the force start procedure has slightly changed? You now have to press the volume up and power button instead of the home button.

It's volume down and power button if I'm remembering correctly

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Mines been laggy in certain situations also, pulling up the calculator app by dragging up from the bottom of the screen sucks

You can always just press the calculator app button if you don't like dragging up from the bottom of the screen. And how does it suck? It give you access to the calculator at any time no matter what you are doing.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow I must be lucky, I've had zero issues with mine. I just spent a week in Utah, at high altitude with very poor cell coverage in sub freezing temps and I managed to connect with no one else could, my pages loaded fine, I never crashed. I chose to leave my iPad Pro at base camp when heading out on a trek and all I did was make sure to keep my phone in my kangaroo pocket to keep it warm so the battery wouldn't die but otherwise it was as perfect as I needed it to be.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Haven't had any issues or a single lag issue here. But you have to understand we are talking about technology here. It's not without flaw. You may experience bugs or quirks. Luckily Apple does a good job at taking care of their products. If simply power cycling your device doesn't resolve your issue try a hard reset where you wipe the phone clean. If that doesn't do it, I'd recommend going to see the Apple store.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had freezing too and then some forcereset errors on random apps.

Does anyone know how I can identify the forcereset code under diagnostics & usage settings? I called Apple last night to ask, but the rep was clueless and kept me on the phone while she was breathing for 30 minutes to say she doesn't know since I have a new iPhone 7 plus.

P.S.
Forcereset is intentionally together because that is how it shows in the diagnostics & usage settings. :)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tinktink09is

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow I must be lucky, I've had zero issues with mine. I just spent a week in Utah, at high altitude with very poor cell coverage in sub freezing temps and I managed to connect with no one else could, my pages loaded fine, I never crashed. I chose to leave my iPad Pro at base camp when heading out on a trek and all I did was make sure to keep my phone in my kangaroo pocket to keep it warm so the battery wouldn't die but otherwise it was as perfect as I needed it to be.

My device is flawless but I do have software issues. I had the same ones on my iPhone 6 running ios 10, so I know it is not my beautiful iPhone 7 Plus.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
:rotfl: That is SO true!! :rotfl:

I just do not know how Samsung is gonna redeem itself following multiple failures with the Note 7 launch... SMH:rolleyes:

They'll bounce back, I'm sure. I think it'd be best if they forget the Note line this year and focus their efforts on next year.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
But seriously ? What's with the lagging and freezing? Even with all the technology in here??

I think it is because if all the technology in there that can make bad things happen. But there are also bad apples in every batch(I'm sure that phrase is overused here lol)

If the reset doesn't work and you're still having lag then I suggest a factory reset. Hopefully it works!!!

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
You can always just press the calculator app button if you don't like dragging up from the bottom of the screen. And how does it suck? It give you access to the calculator at any time no matter what you are doing.

When i pull up the short cut and click on it the app won't load unless I click like three or four times the same goes for the other short cuts too, specially the dang flashlight widget you absolutely have to force click it on my phone at least two or three times then the brightness selection will pop up and when it does pull up it's not very fast. I mean I deal with it because I have to I'd just rather it didn't require multiple touches and force clicks.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
When i pull up the short cut and click on it the app won't load unless I click like three or four times the same goes for the other short cuts too, specially the dang flashlight widget you absolutely have to force click it on my phone at least two or three times then the brightness selection will pop up and when it does pull up it's not very fast. I mean I deal with it because I have to I'd just rather it didn't require multiple touches and force clicks.

Then there is something wrong with your phone, plain and simple.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

You should take your phone to the Apple Store. It definitely sounds like something is wrong.