Call Quality issue's anyone ????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing new reports online saying that some 7's and 7 Plus's are having call quality issues.
I have not received my pro-ordered 7 Plus yet so I was wondering if anyone is having issues with call quality ?
(It's that feature on a phone that allows you to speak to someone and they hear your voice and then you respond with your voice and they are supposed to hear your voice)
I make lots of business calls as opposed to texting so good call quality is kind of an important feature for me to have on a phone.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
(It's that feature on a phone that allows you to speak to someone and they hear your voice and then you respond with your voice and they are supposed to hear your voice)
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Davyo

Nah, Apple removed that feature. Sorry.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Coming from some poor android reception... The LTE bands and potential better reception are a huge reason in coming back to iOS.... And I like getting ALL of my texts...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Can someone do a dBm comparison with say a 6 or 6 s plus to see if there's improvement?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should have mentioned in my OP that some of the call quality issues were articals on 9to5mac.com , AppleInsider.com and Cultofmac.com which are all usually pretty reliable websites.
I had also read that Apple was aware of the issue and replacing thee effected phones.
One of those websites just updated the article saying it could be a Verizon issue.
And yes, I've also read and watched a few YouTube video reviews saying the call quality was better than ever with the new 7 series.
With my 6 and 6s series I had quite a few dropped calls on T-Mobile here in Vegas where T-Mobile has great coverage and I have far less dropped calls with my Galaxy S7.
Hopefully it's just a glitch with a small number of 7's.
I've been waiting since pre-order for my black 128gb Plus, that would suck to get a bad one that needed to be replaced,,,, I wonder how long of a wait that would be !!!!

Cheers
Davyo