Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree15Likes
  1. #26  
    Designed4Him's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    611 Posts
    Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I get my carriers because I upgrade every year I'm technically still under the apple warranty.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Designed4Him View Post
    I get my carriers because I upgrade every year I'm technically still under the apple warranty.
    I do too since it's almost like it's included in the insurance/upgrade fee
  3. #28  
    sectime's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Designed4Him View Post
    I get my carriers because I upgrade every year I'm technically still under the apple warranty.
    I always get AppleCare + on my devices, one for the accidental coverage and two the resale value and transferability.
    RECON1 likes this.
  4. #29  
    Craig's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,383 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    All the way down your socks. ��
    Odd, just took my socks off and put on my slippers... hmmm.
    RECON1 likes this.
  5. #30  
    mikezmac's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    I usually just get the insurance with the service provider. With T-Mobile it's not much, but i think the deductible is like $175?
    Last year and this, I've gotten Apple Care for my watch since it's only $49. Lately I've been debating on getting it for the phone though. Thoughts? Pros? Cons? I keep my phone in excellent condition so I'm never worried but...idk
    With iPhone always get apple care. They have awesome awesome support.

    The resale of iPhones is the best of all phones. With Apple care is a huge boost to selling. They can buy a product under waretee!!
    Evilguppy likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    So I guess I'll just add this here instead of making a new post. Since I'm new to the whole Apple Care+ thing, does it automatically transfer over to a new device?

    I purchased AC+ for the first Apple Watch and also for the Series 2. AC+ extends the care for two years, but I received an email for the new AC+ on the S2 stating that I now have 3 years?
  7. #32  
    afctee's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    From my understanding, Apple Care is per device. I typically buy Apple Care for all my devices. So, with my iPhone 7 Plus, I did the same. Today, I received the email and certificate...

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    So I guess I'll just add this here instead of making a new post. Since I'm new to the whole Apple Care+ thing, does it automatically transfer over to a new device?

    I purchased AC+ for the first Apple Watch and also for the Series 2. AC+ extends the care for two years, but I received an email for the new AC+ on the S2 stating that I now have 3 years?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #33  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    From my understanding, Apple Care is per device. I typically buy Apple Care for all my devices. So, with my iPhone 7 Plus, I did the same. Today, I received the email and certificate...
    Weird that it said I had three years then.
  9. #34  
    afctee's Avatar
    Distinguished

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I'm looking forward to someone else responding, since I'm not 100% sure. Merely going on past experience...

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Weird that it said I had three years then.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by afctee View Post
    I'm looking forward to someone else responding, since I'm not 100% sure. Merely going on past experience...
    Bueller...
  11. #36  
    Valana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Anyone thinking of getting AppleCare+ just for the $29 screen repairs: do consider that an out-of-warranty screen repair is $149, which is cheaper than getting a screen repair in addition to paying for AppleCare+.

    Of course if you need multiple screen repairs (or if you destroy your iPhone) by the time you get a new iPhone, then AppleCare+ is cheaper.
  12. #37  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Valana View Post
    Anyone thinking of getting AppleCare+ just for the $29 screen repairs: do consider that an out-of-warranty screen repair is $149, which is cheaper than getting a screen repair in addition to paying for AppleCare+.

    Of course if you need multiple screen repairs (or if you destroy your iPhone) by the time you get a new iPhone, then AppleCare+ is cheaper.
    I was told screen repair is 149 for Apple care and 179 for non Apple care (here)
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    I was told screen repair is 149 for Apple care and 179 for non Apple care (here)
    Screen repair for the 7 is $29
  14. #39  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by RECON1 View Post
    Screen repair for the 7 is $29
    That is beyond lame! That's the only reason to upgrade
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  
    RECON1's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    407 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    That is beyond lame! That's the only reason to upgrade
  16. #41  
    Valana's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    I was told screen repair is 149 for Apple care and 179 for non Apple care (here)
    https://support.apple.com/iphone/rep...s::applesearch

    $129 for 7 and $149 for 7+. I remembered $149 because I’m getting 7+.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 13.21.44.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	111582
  17. #42  
    cwilliams706's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I'm still debating on AppleCare+, but it's an enticing offer.
  18. #43  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,699 Posts
    Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    I have a toddler who always seems to grab my phone when I'm not looking. So yes to be safe.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Apple Care +

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I have a toddler who always seems to grab my phone when I'm not looking. So yes to be safe.
    Yep! Two-year olds are crazy fast these days.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. WTS: Apple Lightning to SD Card Adapter
    By jpgti in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2016, 12:17 AM
  2. WTS: Apple Lightning Dock W/Charger
    By jpgti in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2016, 08:50 PM
  3. Will Nike Apple Watch offer all watch faces or just Nike faces
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 08:39 PM
  4. Apple watch 42mm stainless steel watch band
    By tech_fan in forum Apple Watch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2016, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions