Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree593Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Default Re: iPhone 7 Plus Only --- Pre-Order waiting thread

If I can preorder through AT&T next, then I am going with the 128GB iPhone 7 Plus. Problem for me is whether to go with the Jet Black or Silver. My current 6S Plus is Black but I miss the white front face. However, that new Jet Black is so sleek. Decisions desicions.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Lol

I'll take my chance and walk in on the 17th to my Verizon store worst case I wait .. thinking jet black with charcoal leather case in 128 or 256 depending what they have.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts

I dislike the fact that the headphone jack had gone but now I've had a chance to watch the keynote, I think I'm going to get the 7 plus.

I was strongly considering the Galaxy Note 7 but after the recall fiasco and the insanely easily easily scratched screen, I'm going to look elsewhere.

I've got Carplay here in the US and by the time I go back to the UK at Christmas, there'll be adapters out that will sort my issue.

I want to buy it through the upgrade program but if looks like as I have a Prepay cell with AT&T, I can't get it through Apple on their upgrade program. If that's the case, I'm out of luck I think and will just have to stick with my 6. Anyone confirm?
    iMore Nanite

Gloss Black, 128mb 7 Plus is the one for me.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts

Will be pre-ordering the 7+ 128GB, in gold
    ** foot tapping fast**
    Zafla and DarlaMack like this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts

Transferred money across from my savings.
    Waiting till 5pm local time in Sydney for the preorders to begin.
    Heck I might take the day off next Friday :-)
    iMore Intermediate

Probably going to get the 7 Plus 128GB in regular black. The jet black looks really nice but since it will be easier to scratch I'm gonna stay away. I normally use some clear cases for my current 6s Plus but occasionally I like it to be free. My 6s Plus has held up really well. Planning to pre-order at 3:00AM since I'm on the east coast. I used the Apple Store app last year and it was quick and simple. I have a lot of anxiety though.

The last couple of years I have had no problem using the  store app so that's the way I'm going to go this year.
    Pedro Hicken likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

The store app is how I managed to get my iphone 6 in 2014 so I am going to try that again this year. But I will have the apple website up on my mac book as well. Staying up til 3 AM EST means I am going to be kinda tired going into work tomorrow lol.
    rellyrellz likes this.
    iMore Newbie

I'll be ordering 7 plus, jet black, 128gb.

I'll be rolling out of bed at 3AM EST to order mine tonight. I may make an appearance on the forum but, I must warn you, I'm not going to he happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    I'll be rolling out of bed at 3AM EST to order mine tonight. I may make an appearance on the forum but, I must warn you, I'm not going to he happy about it.
    LOL thanks for the warning!! Just for that I'm gonna ding the heck out of your phone because we'll all be up as well!!!
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Do I need the latest iPhone? No, but, I'm getting it ANYWAY!

iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB, Black (still might end up getting the Jet Black). Time will tell...

EDIT:
    Confirmed, I'm going with the Black. Not sure why, but, something tells me the jet black won't look as 'nice' with all coloured cases. Of course, just my opinion...
    Rob Phillips and DarlaMack like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts

I am planning on getting up at midnight to order and go back to bed. I am getting black 128 Plus. My only concern is going back to stock ios after a full year on my jailbroken 6s+. Decisions Decisions.
    iMore Intermediate

So I want to share how awesome (so far) AT&T has been for me.

All this time, I thought AT&T showed I had an upgrade, all summer long. After the keynote, I went to check again and I don't have one. I still have a 5c my daughter uses on a two year contract through NEXT July. Panic time.

I discover this at like 11 pm, so their call centers are closed. But, their chat support is still open. So I try to ask what I assume is a robot. I explain the situation, they ask me to hold on. After about 15 minutes they come back and say they are able to put a manager override on that contract and will in fact allow me to upgrade the phone to a brand new iPhone 7 on Friday. Gave me the chat ID and their employee ID in case there are problems and need to reach out to support again.

As a customer since the Cingular days, I was blown away and so appreciative of this customer service, by a random chat support person in the middle of the night. Now, we will see if it works, but I'm very hopeful. I will be calling today and making sure all is good to go with the info they gave me.
    MzDee likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Getting the 128 Silver iphone 7 Plus
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts

I guess im not getting it after all. In typical t mobile fashion they haven't processed my note 7 i sent back BEFORE the recall. It was received by them 9 days ago, yet still in process. I don't have an upgrade available. Unbelievable!!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rellyrellz View Post
    iPhone 7 Plus AT&T. Undecided on Jet Black & Black. Will probably go back and fourth a million times. Jet Black reminds me of the iPhone 4, which was my favorite iPhone. I have a 128 6 Plus now, so I'll probably go with 128 again. I'll change my mind many times before preorders go live.
    I'm in the same boat. At first I really wanted the jet black but now I'm not sure because of how easily I've heard the jet black scratches. I will have it in a case most of the time so, how nice the back looks won't matter as much.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    I'm in the same boat. At first I really wanted the jet black but now I'm not sure because of how easily I've heard the jet black scratches. I will have it in a case most of the time so, how nice the back looks won't matter as much.
    I'm starting to have doubts now because that black in its matte finish looks great also. I don't use a case on my 6 Plus so I don't wanna use one on my 7 Plus. I have until 3am to ultimately decide lol

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    I am sure the jet black scratches more easily than the other colors but there are very few people who have been able to get their hands on that phone and test it. "More likely to scratch" doesn't necessarily mean "easy to scratch".
    nokia4life likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    716 Global Posts

I noticed if you go through the process of "buying" an iPhone 7/7+ in the Apple Store app and get to the end. You can favorite it. So in theory I should be able to open the app, go to account then favorites and then just complete the transaction to hopefully speed up the process. I guess I shall see at 3am tomorrow.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by rellyrellz View Post
    I noticed if you go through the process of "buying" an iPhone 7/7+ in the Apple Store app and get to the end. You can favorite it. So in theory I should be able to open the app, go to account then favorites and then just complete the transaction to hopefully speed up the process. I guess I shall see at 3am tomorrow.
    Thanks I just did that just as a safety for tonight/ tomorrow.

I'll be preordering it tomorrow 9am local time sharp. can't wait.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,264 Global Posts

matte black 128. Called my buddy at the local Verizon store and he's got me covered.
    ladyc0524 and itsMohsinK like this.
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast