Apple iPhone 15 series preorder, dispatch and pick up thread

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow well I just got screwed over by someone. I did a trade in when I bought the new phone..........same as I always do. Old ones dropped at Fedex on Wednesday evening and received next day by Apple's return facility near us. Got an email this morning saying the box was empty and asking for details on what was in it and how it was packaged. Great, now I'm guessing I'm going to be out my $480 trade in and of course no longer have the old phone.

That’s pretty terrible luck, chances are you might not be the only one this happened to.

There may be a silver lining yet, an investigation will be conducted and you might receive your deduction in due course.

Contact Apple customer support and take it from there.

Edit: on the bright side at least they didn’t also get your new iPhone.

Last edited:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah a quick google search revealed this is apparently a worsening problem. Guess this is the last time I do a purchase/trade via mail. Will have to go back to doing in store next time. Not taking chances again. I’ve used the trade in stuff for a X, 11 PM, 13 Pro, watch 4 and 6 purchases all with no issues until now with the 15 PM and trading in my 13 pro

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Well I guess they found it or something. Got one email said my trade was verified and complete, and also got a followup to the "there's nothing in the box" email that said they finished the investigation and were issuing the trade in value to me.

Reactions: EdwinG and FFR

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess they found it or something. Got one email said my trade was verified and complete, and also got a followup to the "there's nothing in the box" email that said they finished the investigation and were issuing the trade in value to me.

That was certainly fast.

Thats either exceptional customer service from Apple or you are a one very lucky person.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm glad it worked out for you. My best guess is that there was someone at the trade in facility who was found to be stealing phones, claiming boxes were empty, who processed your phone (may have even been your phone he was caught with).

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
That was certainly fast.

Thats either exceptional customer service from Apple or you are a one very lucky person.

I'm glad it worked out for you. My best guess is that there was someone at the trade in facility who was found to be stealing phones, claiming boxes were empty, who processed your phone (may have even been your phone he was caught with).
Yeah I was surprised how fast that was. The original email was sent around 10am, I saw it just before noon and responded, and by 2pm they had replied back with those various auto emails. Maybe there was just an error on their part sending the email in the first place.

jkingrph

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
Pre ordered Sept 16. Techs at local independent Verizon store said about ten days. Checking on line estimate was Oct 6. I kept checking and on Sept 18 saw an ups shipping notice. It arrived in town on Sept 27. I went in after lunch and picked it up.m

Reactions: FFR and flyinion

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Pre ordered Sept 16. Techs at local independent Verizon store said about ten days. Checking on line estimate was Oct 6. I kept checking and on Sept 18 saw an ups shipping notice. It arrived in town on Sept 27. I went in after lunch and picked it up.m

Congrats, I guess the estimate they gave you was fairly accurate.

Do post pics and impressions in the iPhone 15 photos thread when you have a chance.

akutch34

Trusted Member
Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Got my Apple haul this morning

8fb3d5c2446584c1268938cb6fc2ac64.jpg
Sheeeesh 😮‍💨 I feel too poor to even look at this image 😂

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members