Any Way to Resave Live Photos to iPhone?

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Early this year, I took a couple of live photos of my bird Ozzy who passed away in late July. :( I sadly never saved those to my Photos on my MacBook Pro, although I did save them on my Windows 7 laptop via external hard drive and on OneDrive - but I deleted them directly from my iPhone 6s. I wanted to save them back on my phone via OneDrive, but I see that they would save as video files. Is there any way to save them not as videos but as Live Photos again so that they show up in my photos app?

I would greatly appreciate any help!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've never used OneDrive for this myself (well, I hardly use OneDrive at all), but when I just tried to upload a live photo (I hardly ever use that feature, but I took one just for this), it uploaded as a JPG, no video component at all. I'm not sure that using OneDrive as a photo backup service if saving live photos is important is all that good an idea.

Anyway, I did a little Googling, there is an app that says it converts videos (and video GIFs) back into live photos on the iPhone. Here it is; it may be worth a shot: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intolive-turn-your-videos/id1061859052?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I've never used OneDrive for this myself (well, I hardly use OneDrive at all), but when I just tried to upload a live photo (I hardly ever use that feature, but I took one just for this), it uploaded as a JPG, no video component at all. I'm not sure that using OneDrive as a photo backup service if saving live photos is important is all that good an idea.

Anyway, I did a little Googling, there is an app that says it converts videos (and video GIFs) back into live photos on the iPhone. Here it is; it may be worth a shot: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/intolive-turn-your-videos/id1061859052?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Thanks for that info!

I was going through my photos on OneDrive the day I made this thread... Actually, all of them are still "live" per se because they're saved up there as MOV files, not still images. Weird that when you tried uploading one that it came out as a JPG. Hmm...

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I use iCloud Photo Library myself, but I get it that people pay for other services and don't want to pay Apple's high prices, too. Google Photos, though, has full support for backing up Live Photos. See http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/7/11174350/google-photos-live-photos-ios-support

I can't find any other stories about competing services (Dropbox, Flickr, etc.) supporting Live Photos in particular.

To be fair to OneDrive, I used the sharing intent to store the live photo there - I did not turn on photo backup. Since my iCloud Library has 15,000 photos, I figured it would take forever before OneDrive would have backed up the photo. Maybe backups are different from sharing a photo to the service?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Early this year, I took a couple of live photos of my bird Ozzy who passed away in late July. :( I sadly never saved those to my Photos on my MacBook Pro, although I did save them on my Windows 7 laptop via external hard drive and on OneDrive - but I deleted them directly from my iPhone 6s. I wanted to save them back on my phone via OneDrive, but I see that they would save as video files. Is there any way to save them not as videos but as Live Photos again so that they show up in my photos app?

I would greatly appreciate any help!

If you really must, here's how. I use the app Lively to convert the live photo to video. Then upload it to Box as video. Then save it back to camera roll as video. Then use the app intoLive and change it back to a live photo. It works. I've tested it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234