16gb enough?

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, if you go look at my profile, You will see where I commented on my 1020 being better than a rooted android phone, and one of the mods got pissy. They are very childish over there.

The apps for work are what gets me away from windows phone...and the fact that MS is essentially bailing on the platform. I would own a 950xl right now If I could get a solid voip app for two way, square payment app, and Sirius xm for music while I work. But NONE are available. I am not going android. Cannot take to it at all. So, IPHONE it is.

Lol I can only guess which one ;)

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Will do. I was playing with the store demo for a bit yesterday. very interesting. I cannot lie, I will miss a lot of features in windows10mobile. BUUUUTTTTTTT, having the option of any app, accessory, wearable, case, etc.....More than makes up for it. Now I don't have to fire up my dreaded galaxy note to do work...ha ha. I will give a full report as soon as they get here.

Hey now don't bash Windows 10 mobile! Lol

I understand your viewpoint but after this love affair with Apple is over for me, probably by fall this year, I plan to switch full time back to windows 10 mobile myself. I am committed to giving another platform my attention for a few months just to say I did give something a shot but tbh I just can't see myself really staying with iOS. It's a bit boring and far too simple and dumb down. But it's not even been a full month yet but I am far more content with iOS than I ever was with android. I'm simply awaiting when fall comes so I can sell this 6s plus and return full time to my 950 xl which is the best.

Plus Windows 10 mobile and the all situation is improving well each day. Just saying 😉

That being said I couldn't survive with 64 gb for too long lol. So 128 it is. Haha

Steve Adams

Banned
May 26, 2016
Visit site
The situation is far from getting better over there...the apps, etc that are available now on w10m are not even able to be used in Canada, so that's yet another negative. Wanna buy a 1020, or 2, with some nice accessories, as well as 2 suface 3s with dock etc? I can get ya back to MS quickly....ha ha. I will not be returning to W10M. That's for sure. Android is horrid, always was always will be. I would goto bb10 before android. IOS may be "dumbed down" but after using it for last 3 wks...being dumbed down is great...no muss no fuss...it does EVERYTHING>

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The situation is far from getting better over there...the apps, etc that are available now on w10m are not even able to be used in Canada, so that's yet another negative. Wanna buy a 1020, or 2, with some nice accessories, as well as 2 suface 3s with dock etc? I can get ya back to MS quickly....ha ha. I will not be returning to W10M. That's for sure. Android is horrid, always was always will be. I would goto bb10 before android. IOS may be "dumbed down" but after using it for last 3 wks...being dumbed down is great...no muss no fuss...it does EVERYTHING>

I still have my 950 xl. It's just my workout phone with my band. And I have a surface book 😉

Guess I am sort of lucky to live in the us and the apps work lol

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I can't get away with 16gb. That is based solely on my pictures that I have on my phone. If I were to get rid of them I could possibly sacrifice some apps and survive, but I'd rather not worry about it. I opted for the 64gb. I might end up with the 128gb next time around so I can store more of my music on my phone itself. Right now I stream most of it through the cloud and Apple Music.

peeratude

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Im one of the user of 16gb iphone 6S
For me you can survive with the small memory only if you know how to use cloud storage. For example you will always sync you photos with google photos, all your file in dropbox, drive, google drive etc. And only store apps that you mostly used. Not that you might used or you will only use it once in a month.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, I had an iPhone 6 provided by my employer. It was a 16GB and for work, it was really enough.

As a personal phone, not so much so I opted as a 64GB for mine.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Im one of the user of 16gb iphone 6S
For me you can survive with the small memory only if you know how to use cloud storage. For example you will always sync you photos with google photos, all your file in dropbox, drive, google drive etc. And only store apps that you mostly used. Not that you might used or you will only use it once in a month.

I'm curious how do you use cloud storage like Google photos? Are you able to attach the images directly to a message or email instantly or do you need to first download it?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious how do you use cloud storage like Google photos? Are you able to attach the images directly to a message or email instantly or do you need to first download it?

I'm not him, but it depends. I use OneDrive, and OneDrive has a great thing now that I don't have to download the picture to my phone if I want it there. I can just click to upload it in the share options for a picture you get on iOS.

A lot of times, I download the picture if I want to share it and then delete it when I'm done.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I use iCloud storage, since then all my files are available with all my Apple devices and my MacBook Pro. I hardly ever plug my iDevices into my laptop anymore.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree that for about 90% of users 16 GB is not enough. Some very basic users might be able to get away with it.

Had a co-worker come to me with his full iPhone 5 yesterday. He had about 8gb in photos which he said he deleted a bunch. Helped him clear the trash and get about 4gb back. His is mostly photos 4gb, and music 1.5gb. He's set for a bit...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Particularly as the camera gets better in these phones, the file size of the images increases.

I'm glad the next models are rumored to start at higher storage levels.

jayzero76

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
What are we talking about ? It is 2016 and everything under 64GB is a joke. THERE IS NO AH AND OH. IF YOU ONLY MAKE PHONE CALLS OR MY MOMS PHONE AND SO.

BS there is no excuse for having a 16 /32 GB phone in the line up. That is how all these OEM make more money and when a small company can make a phone with 64GB and asking 400$ .... only because of that I would consider an iPhone or others.