Battery life? Exceptional, good or just ok? Possibly downgrading from a 6s plus due to size

anon(9708869)

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6s plus. Like everything but the size. Is the battery life difference even worth downgrading for size? I need honest opinions please. Thanks!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I have an iPhone 6 and with moderate usage can go for a full day with it. You will definitely lose some battery life going down in size, but if you are a light user you should still be able to get a full day from a smaller phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why be concerned about battery life? If you upgrade each year or two, what difference does it make? Unless you're an extremely heavy user, it's going to last at least 2 years. That said, if you are an extremely heavy user, there are things you can do to help make it last 2 years. Most average users can get a days worth of battery charge with either model. Heavier users would fare better with the Plus.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You will have to weigh the pros and cons yourself. Look at things like your lifestyle how often through the day can you bump charge your phone. On an light day like today it's almost 10pm and I'm at 14% I took my phone off the charger at 8am. that's with 2 hours of music streaming via Bluetooth and lte along with a few hours browsing. I say the battery life is good but not exceptional like the 6s+. If you are a heavy user their are portable battery packs battery cases etc to help. Honestly it's up to you my hope is that Apple can reduce the size of the 7+ or pro so I can get a full day with heavy usage.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I get about 20-25% less battery life on the 6s compared to 6s plus. Just giving you real honest opinion. Usually I can only make it a full day of I'm using Apple battery case otherwise my phone is dead by 8:30 pm. And I'm a power user. On the Plus, I always made it a full day without a charge.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd say the battery life is decent/ok on the 6S. I get through my normal day, typically without a bump charge, just fine, and I rarely need to use low power mode. I'm a moderate use person, though, so ymmv. I have a charger at work and in my car just in case, but I rarely need to use them. If you're a heavy user, strongly consider the plus.

Compared to the 6S+ the battery life is substantially less, probably 25 to 30% less or so. For me the size, ability to use with one hand, and run and workout withthe 6S trumps the battery life, OIS, and screen quality of the 6S+.

As an aside, and in my experience so ymmv, I've never understood the laser focus on battery life. But it’s not because the Plus has made it a non-issue, it’s just that battery life has never been an issue for me with any iPhone I’ve owned. Honestly I can’t remember the last time I had an iPhone that I had to regularly keep charged throughout the day. I know people who say their iPhone has a dead battery by lunchtime, but I just don’t have a grid for that. So, the advantage of the better battery life of the 6S+ is (unfortunately?) wasted on me.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Battery life? Exceptional, good or just ok? Possibly downgrading from a 6s pl...

I have had excellent battery life on my 6s and I used a 6s and 6 plus for about a year before going to the 6s. I have my news and sports apps with my BBM groups and my emails from my business all running in the background.

I easily make it through the day with a few long phone calls in between all of my social media posting. Your results may differ then mine because I don't use my device to play games, watch movies or videos.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Compared to my old 5s, I'm satisfied with the battery life on my 6s. When I know I'm going to be using my phone more that usual, I do carry a couple of portable battery backups.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm what you may consider a light to light/moderate user. My 6s usually goes to 3 days. I would consider that excellent given the battery size.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I consider myself a moderate user and I just went 48 hrs on my 6s and had 27 percent left cant ask for much more than that .

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Well, the battery on my 6s has been better (most notably on iOS 9-iOS 9.2), but at the moment, it's at 10% and my last charge was 38 hours ago on the nose. Not too shabby, I'd say.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have no issues wth battery life on my 6S
But I'm topping off the battery when driving or sitting next t my charger.

Good Luck

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've owned both phones. My honest opinion is the Plus gets about 25% better battery life than the regular 6s.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've owned both phones. My honest opinion is the Plus gets about 25% better battery life than the regular 6s Plus.

I've owned both, and I agree that the Plus gets at least 25% better battery life.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2